Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Zonal Admin Manager
- The Zonal Admin Manager will support the management of all operations (facility, asset and fleet management, travel and safety and security) in the Malaria Consortium State offices, and provide operational, asset management and safety and security support to state offices.
Scope of Work
- The Zonal Admin Manager will support the management of operations in the Malaria Consortium state offices.
- S/he will be responsible for delivery of support services on time at value for money to the projects and ensure that all operational documents and reports are completed in a timely manner and shared and filed to enable effective decision-making.
Key Working Relationships:
- The Zonal Admin Manager will be a member of the Operations team, providing administrative support to MC programme implementation while working with other project staff in delivering programme work plan. The Zonal Admin Manager will also work with the country and state Admin team members to ensure effective and efficient service delivery. The Zonal Admin Manager reports to the Country Operations Manager (COM) based in Abuja.
- The Zonal Admin Manager will provide line management to the Zonal logistics officer and day-to-day supervision, including training as needed. The Zonal Admin Manager will provide technical line management to filed Admin officers within the Hub.
- The Zonal Admin Manager also works closely with State admin officers, Programme team leads, Procurement Manager, logistics officers and MC supply chain team to ensure timely delivery of required goods or services.
Operations and procurement management (45%):
- Collaborate with the Country Operations Manager to ensure effective and efficient workflow of administrative processes in country
- Line-manage assigned staff and provides oversight, capacity building and management support whilst ensuring staff objectives are set and monitored in line with HR guidelines
- Conduct annual demand planning and market assessment exercises to generate the Country Operations Strategy with support from the COM
- With Management and Project Managers, assist in transitioning between operational structures and strategies (i.e. opening, expansion, down-sizing and closing office and projects)
- Provide contracting and engagement support for short term personnel within the MC state offices
- Oversee administrative processes related to MC campaigns
- Coordinate accordingly with the security team and the supply chain management team on delivery planning and coordination in designated storage areas
- In line with project budgets, ensure all procurements are strategically carried out with cost saving intentions and VFM.
- Work with HQ, country office and project managers to resolve relevant outstanding audit findings and support offices to improve overall compliance with organisational policies
- Maintain regular contact with field offices to ensure issues and concerns are identified and resolved pre-emptively, making regular field visits to support this
- Ensure the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy is followed for all procurements related to assigned administrative tasks
- Conduct quarterly contract tracking reviews for Framework Agreements (FWAs) in place in MC states to ensure timely renewals where necessary,
- upload consultancy engagement trackers and supporting documents onto the operations intranet page and monitor compliance related to data protection policies
Office and Facility Management (40%):
- Support in the management of MC fleet (drivers’ engagement, preventative maintenance monitoring and ad hoc repairs, fuel, insurance, incidents)
- Support the management of all Malaria Consortium Nigeria assets, ensuring they are recorded, monitored, managed and disposed of as per Malaria Consortium policies, and send the monthly quarterly and annual reports on same to the Country operations manager
- Ensuring correct and complete documentation is passed to Finance Department.
- Provide accurate quantification and costs related to facility management, office setup and fleet management input into new proposal budgets
- Establish and ensure delivery of regular procurement from all locations in Nigeria to all relevant staff on a weekly basis
- Coordinating the tracking, Proper storage and record upload of all asset and supporting purchase documents onto the operations intranet page and tracking compliance
- Monthly reporting on all stock records for MC offices including all collated reports received from individual offices
- Coordinating the upload and review of all monthly administrative reports for MC state offices
- Any operational related task as assigned by line manager
- Ensure appropriate capacity is provided for all admin officers regularly on operational structures and systems to improve service delivery for programme implementation
- Be the expert in Malaria Consortium on donor procurement policies, and ensure that implementation adheres to the donor and organizational policies and practices
- Conduct regular staff capacity building forums for specific challenge areas related to procurement actions
- Ensuring correct and complete documentation is submitted to Finance Department.
Qualifications and experience:
- Educated at a Bachelor’s level in relevant discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated success as an Zonal Admin Manager across all disciplines within regional or national environment
- Experienced in security and safety management in diverse operating environment including those similar to the North Eastern part of Nigeria
- Strong knowledge of major donors’ (USAID, FCDO, BMGF, Global Fund) policies and procedures regards to procurement, grant and financial management.
- Practised in contract negotiation and management
- Hands on-leader who is a strong motivator
- Experience in designing, writing and implementing policies and procedures
- Committed to the mission of Malaria Consortium and its values.
- Strong proficiency with using MS Excel and data analytics
- Up to date knowledge of best practice using advanced operational and quality tools
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th August, 2022.