Paykobo.com is a leading e-commerce retailer that is into manufacturing, marketing and sales of data card and sales of wide ranges of technology products. Also, helps customers with sourcing technology requirements from all over the world.
We are on a mission to enable companies, enterprises, government agencies and international organisations with the technology infrastructure and solutions they need to improve productivity and run efficiently. At Paykobo.com, we aim to always provide value to our customers at unbeatable prices (yes, we can match any other price in the market!).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Web Developer
Department: Digital Marketing Monthly
Purpose of the Job
- Paykobo.com helps organisations to improve productivity and run efficiently by providing the technology infrastructure and solutions they need. The Website Developer maximizes our website to enable our customers find the technologies they need. You connect our customers and clients to the information they need on the go.
- You are part of the team that will give our customers an amazing experience shopping with Paykobo.com.
- Reports to: You report to the Managing Director
- Supervises: You will not be supervising any talent
- Within the Office: All Departments
- Outside the Office: Customers
Key Tasks 1- Web Development:
- Develop web by writing well-designed and efficient codes to maintain, expand and scale our website
- Create, manage and maintain websites and user interfaces.
- Integrate data from various back-end services, databases and digital analytics.
- Gather and refine website requirements and specifications based on technical needs and industry practices.
- Consistently report work’s progress and issues, and propose initiatives and solutions to the website
- Troubleshoot coding issues and bugs.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technology and programming trends.
- Use user feedback to identify and correct problems and analyze data to identify trends
- Track and analyze website analytics
- Analyze the performance of current SEO strategies
- Test and maintenance of backend and front-end applications
- Collaborate with external developers to implement new web features
- Update websites with the most current information.
- Ensure consistent performance on all major devices/browsers, including fast load times and bug-free core functionality with a focus on mobile optimization and performance.
- Ensure performance consistency across key devices and browsers.
- Offer solutions for improvements in a timely manner
- The post holder will have the necessary authority required to carry out their responsibilities.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar role
- Experience working on an eCommerce website will be an added advatage
- Demonstrable knowledge of XML, XHTML, CSS, Modules i.e. API Integration, Payment Gateways, Shipping, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Person Specifications and Required Skills
You must be able to demonstrate appropriate skills and experience which will enable you to deliver against the main purpose and key responsibilities of this role. You need:
- Leadership skills
- Attention to details
- Solid understanding of web design and development principles
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong understanding of web and mobile best practices and trends
- Ability to exercise initiative and confidence to start things from the scratch
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Forward looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- A powerful desire to become the best at developing E-Commerce sites and sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Willingness to learn our products inside and out and help our customers drive business outcomes
- Knowledge of the ecommerce industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with the design department to assess how elements should function
- Understanding of web development and front-end coding principles with respect to responsive web engineering in the development of amazing customer experiences
- Website Design and Management
- Decision Making skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Collaboration and Team working
- Result oriented
- Learning and Growth Mindset
- Ability to work independently as well as inter-dependently
We know our people are one of the most important factors for our success, so we reward you with benefits that work for you, your lifestyle and your career. Our benefits include:
- Performance-related bonus
- Flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career growth through first-in-class training, resources and assistance for relevant certifications
- Clear career path
How To Apply
Interested and qualfiied candidates should:
Click here to apply