Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a National registered NGO with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 25643 and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions are in humanitarian emergency response and development, with physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Abuja, Cross River, Akwa Ibom States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Project Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The WASH Officer ensures the implementation of WASH activities in the areas of operation (Maiduguri) and that these activities follow the guidelines and the indications provided.
- He/ she ensures the link between the field level and the Project Manager.
- He/ she stays aware about the other actors working in the same area of intervention and coordinates with them.
- He/ she manages the assessments, planning the operational tools (eg. BoQs, reports) for the field.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the general guidance from the Senior WASH officer, the officer will undertake the following duties.
- Ensure the development of accurate Bill of Quantities ( BoQs) and detailed technical drawings for all the WASH interventions in liaison with relevant technical staff from the government authorities and implementing partners
- Contribute to the development of constructive solutions to challenges identified by the community and contractors
- Facilitate and maintain a good professional relationship between GREENCODE, communities and contractors
- Provide regular written and verbal reports to the Programs Manager on the infrastructure’sdevelopment activities.
- With the help of the Programs Manager and the contractor, develop and maintain weekly, monthly plans and written comprehensive records of engineering work undertaken in the project including site visits and reporting of work progress.
- Supervise and be responsible for all the technical aspect for project implementation, make sure that contractors complete project work in a timely, efficient and accurate manner with respect to standard engineering
- Ensure community involvement at all phases of the project and the development of community ownership of the project.
- Guarantee the respect of construction standards as well as the security practices at the project site.
- Provide feedback to the monitoring and evaluation system in order to assess the effectiveness and the impact of the projects and propose recommendations for improvement
- B.Sc, HND or OND in Engineering or related qualification
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Good command spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of the local language is mandatory.
- Professional experience in WASH related programs in Community.
- INGO experience is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the link below containing GREENCODE’s Competency Form, paste it on firefox or chrome browser to download, fill and submit form to the following e-mail address: [email protected] and copy [email protected]
Click here to download Competency Form
- The title of the position for example – “WASH Project Officer” must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applicants must be resident in Maiduguri and speaks the local language (Hausa and Kanuri) fluently.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis
Application Deadline 28th August, 2021.