Solidarities International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in FSL & WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Activity Manager
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Duration: Projected contract duration is 4 Months – with possible extension
Objective / Aim
- The WASH activity manager is in charge of carrying out and accomplishing the objectives as defined in the operation proposals.
- He/she is responsible for the supervision of the operational teams assigned the WASH activity.
- He/she must ensure that the WASH activity are well executed and deliver quality results, where appropriate, proposes adjustments or developments to ensure relevance.
Diagnostics and Project Conception:
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of diagnostics
- Participate in the design and the financial dimension of the human and logistical programs to implement
- Prepare the appendixes and technical chapters (of logical framework) of operation proposals
- Implement the activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy, SOLIDARITES International’s technical requirements and the donors’ criteria
- Participate in the development of the WASH team’s capacity in regard to techniques or new methodologies
Implementation and Operational Follow-up:
- Plan the WASH activity(ies) with the support department (Administration, logistics) according to the set objectives
- Assess the relevance of activities, the effectiveness of interventions, and their appropriateness in light of changing circumstances and the needs of populations
- Propose adjustments to programs if necessary
- Anticipate difficulties in the carrying out of the WASH activity(ies) and facilitate problem solving
- Suggest new …activity… activity directions in accordance with context and indicators
- In cooperation with the administrative department, help draw up budgets for his/her activity(ies), budget follow up and proposal budgets for the program parts
- Prepare Internal Order Forms (IOF) and follow orders using the logistics service
- Report the state of decentralized inventory to the logistics department (“field” inventory)
- Make sure the objectives for the activity(ies) under his/her responsibility are achieved
- Suggest and implement monitoring indicators for the WASH activity(ies) and context
- Use the SI management and monitoring tools for the activities, results and context
- Plan and supervise the implementation of the WASH activity(ies) under his/her responsibility
- Write the capitalization documents in accordance with SI tools
- Prepare handover reports before the end of his/her employment contract and forward them to concerned parties in the mission and at headquarters
- Ensure diffusion of SI technical documentation
- Recruit the national technical staff for his/her activity(ies)
- With the administrative department, define the prerequisites for the WASH vacant positions and, if necessary, adapt the referent job profile.
- Welcome and brief new employees or volunteers working under his responsibility
- Conduct workshops and regular or ad hoc meetings
- Evaluate the performance of the members of his/her team(s)
- Identify team members’ potential for advancement and communicate this information to the program manager/desk HR Referent
- Make sure his/her team(s) follow the safety rules
- Implement training activities in accordance with WASH operational requirements and the identified training needs.
- Serve as intermediary between team leaders
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility
Reporting / Communication / Representation:
- Share with the appropriate authority any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on SI activities and team safety
- Write regular reports concerning the progress of the activity(ies) under his/her responsibility
- Write reports and annexes concerning his/her activity(ies) for donor reports and/or amendment
- Ensure compliance with reporting deadlines and guidelines
- Represent Solidarités International in meetings or forums concerning the WASH activities within his employment location
- Represent SI on request and/or delegation
- Respond to the requirements of Headquarters concerning specific needs
- Write the administrative documents to be signed (MOU, handover…) jointly with governmental authorities, communities or partners
- Communicate with team leaders concerning the progress and results of their activity(ies)
- Maintain a local operational communication network and positive relations with the local/governmental authorities, donor representatives, UN and other international agencies in cooperation with the program manager and Program Coordinator
- HND / B.Eng in Civil Engineering, Water and Sanitation Engineering, Environmental / Water resources Development or in one of the Civil Engineering discipline of water supply and/or Hydrology, Hydrogeology.
- Experience: 2 years’ relevant experience in Deep borehole drilling and development, Good knowledge of the project cycle, projects implementation and project follow-up.
- IT: Good knowledge of office / CAD software; Auto CAD, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Interpersonal skills, reliable, honest, accountable, resistance to stress, team player, good prioritization of task; Good understanding of north west humanitarian context;
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Languages: English, Hausa or one of the local dialect is an added advantage.
What We Offer
- Salary + Transport, Leave & housing allowance + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Solidarités International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date
Application Deadline 18th July, 2022 at 12:00pm.