Waiter Latest Opening at Lilygate Hotel
Lilygate Hotel located in the heart of Lekki Phase 1 is a new luxurious four star hotel with 74 rooms including 6 suites and a full range of facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter
Reports to: Restaurant Manager / Supervisor
- Ensure that all guests are served to the hotels standard in the Restaurant / Bar / Lounge areas.
- Display highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times within all food and beverage areas.
- Takes orders for, serves (where applicable, prepares) food and beverages to guests as per the hotels standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale (POS) system (MICROS).
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: No Garlic, less spicy etc., without egg etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Co – ordinate with the bus person, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Serve food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Assist buspersons with stocking and maintain the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous serving experience required.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Can handle local language and English.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter