APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vessel Planner
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Category: Terminal Operations/Engineering
- Commence operation, find alongside vessels in TOS (XPS) assure crane work list and quay commander set properly as crane deployment, refer berth and crane plan.
- Rearrange if any crane shuffle or redistribution workload required.
- Assure shift sheet created and set the targets per crane.
- Active vessel work queue to resume operation and monitor vessel dispatching.
- If vessel program or plan changes inform execution supervisors.
- Ensure all operational bay have been planned in line to achieve targeted performance.
- Ensure proper sequencing and yard picking movement.
- Rearrange loading plan in real-time to redistribute jobs in yard.
- Rearrange crane program and containers plan base on yard equipment availability.
- Coordinate with vessel supervisor to prepare special gears well in advance if required.
- Cross check preplans and loaded containers upon completion of each bay operation and confirm that all containers are executed as planned, if not immediately report vessel supervisor, Planning superintendent and Shift Manager. Plan for rearrange according the plan and instruct execution for re-handling.
- Finalize vessel operation, confirm all discharging containers are landed in yard and loading container updated onboard.
- Strictly follow special stowage instruction and plan.
- Finalize vessel operation and avail all operational documents from Banks Man, confirm all documents are file in folder and submit vessel file to Senior planner.
- Generate outbound EDI and send to vessel agent/planner and vessel master.
- Handover all operational details to following shift and report to Planning superintendent.
- Refer and compliance with Planning SOP for planning procedures.
- Ensure no floating slots/containers or multiple updates do not exist on loaded bays, if any confirm and correct the positions in real-time operation.
- If any short land and over landed, assure short land or overland reports prepare and acknowledged by chief mate same communicate to local agent by completing cargo operation.
- Routed MT to stow and dispatch with static unit.
- Readjust crane productivity targets in work shift as and when required.
- Predefine planned crane activity in system such as (Hatch lids move, OOG/Break Bulk handling, breaks, and crane repositioning).
- Identify opportunities and plan for dual cycle operation and twin lift.
- Coordinate ITV controller to increase or decrease number of trucks in carne according crane priority and performance.
- Follow-up with yard supervisors to manage ITV waiting at yard.
- Ensure no short landing or overloading upon completion of each bay.
- Ensure no stack weight exceeded or bad stowage in completed bays.
- Update and communicate operational status with Planning superintendent, shift manager and Supervisors.
- Generate final plan with outbound EDI (DG List, Live reefer) 3-hour prior completion of vessel operation, and handover files with vessel supervisor to submit vessel master or chief mate, confirm that final plan and outbound EDI accepted by Chief.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by superior.
We are looking for:
- High School Diploma plus a college Degree in Logistics, Operations Management, or related discipline.
- Requires at least 2 or more years of previous experience as a vessel planner for a container terminal operation. Previous experience as a controller in a container terminal environment will be an advantage.
- Requires good knowledge of TOS vessel planning systems and its modules.
- Preferable if applicant has certificate in hazardous cargo handling.
- Has familiarity with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring and terminal operations.
- Requires very good knowledge of container vessel stowage and stability criteria.
- Requires good knowledge of yard lay-out and operating techniques.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Lean knowledge and leadership
- Time management
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th July, 2021.