Baobab Micro finance Bank is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets Joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Monitor daily deposits into our correspondent banks
- To ensure that the clients are duly informed before their maturity
- To ensure that the interest rates are within the rate guide except on approval from Management
- Follow up with the banks on our funds transfer transactions and other transactions to ensure that they are all dealt without error and escalate any transaction hinge
- Maintain a worksheet for all our investment and treasury bills in order to ensure that we are within the regulatory requirement.
- Assistin preparing monthly lenders report
- Assist in the preparation of the ALCO report
- Monitor the branch vault daily
- To ensure that the branches are within their limit and that any excess limit is reported the same day to the finance department
- Follow up with branches to ensure that all the safe balance reports are sent first thing in the morning.
- Daily review of our Bank statement to ensure that no debit is charged to our account withoutprior approval.
- Attend to branch complaints on real time online platform.
- Preparing monthly accounting journals for posting
- Preparing daily liquidity report
- Prepare daily safe balance report
- Ensure proper filing and safe keeping of all treasury documents
- Engage in other tasks assigned by the immediate line supervisors
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking & Finance or Accounting
- At least 1 – 2 years prior experience
- Sound written and verbal English communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Analysis and reporting skills.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Negotiation and internal relationship building.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shoul send their resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 14th June, 2021.