Welcome2Africa International (W2A) was founded on the vision to redefine the image of Africa. As such, we look to facilitate investments and trade whilst also bridge the information gap with respect to the various opportunities that exist in Africa. We are currently focused on Nigeria’s Agricultural sector.
Over the last 5 years we have hosted a number of Agricultural Investment Conferences in strategic cities around the world including; Luxembourg, Accra, Lagos, Abuja, Frankfurt, Belgium, The Netherlands, and London. These opportunities have provided us with brand recognition, a deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities associated with investing in Africa’s Agricultural sector, as well as a rich network inclusive of Africa’s Agribusiness stakeholders, investment and finance executives, leading fund managers, private equity firms, family offices, institutional investors donors as well as large agribusiness related firms from around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trade and Logistics Analyst
Location: Maitama, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently looking for a Trade and Logistics Specialist to support our next phase of growth, of which entails strengthening our investment and trade facilitation services and initiatives whilst also providing additional services such as project management, market entry research services, data mapping, and bespoke trainings and events – targeted at the international community, whilst maintaining a viable presence in Nigeria – where we operate from.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers across the value chain.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency and prepare reports across our stakeholders
- Updating himself / herself with the policies, standard principles and regulations of trade goods and commodities
- Offering good customer and trade services and integrating associations and coalitions that are the different systems and schemes of global business in order to shape intenser trade webs.
- Deciding the requirement for commodities importation and exportation
- Actively engages with importers and exporters in an assigned industry sector. This includes generating market insights and research, facilitating fee-based commercial services
- Investigating problems and opportunities with respect to global agri-trade
- Optimizing and understand the trade financing business growth possibilities in other nations for trade customers and business associates
- Observing the merchandising or sales investigations and their results and selling sections or divisions supported on international trade and fiscal devices of the organization
- Developing relationships with foreign trade associates and other such organizations
- At least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Foreign Trade, Economy, Business Administration, Accounting, or related majors
- Very good knowledge of English, written and spoken
- A self-starter, dynamic and motivated to go the extra mile
- Ability to work independently and take responsibilities which will allow you to grow in your career within a large international company
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have 10-15 years work experience.
- Experience in transportation, import and export activities is important
- Good knowledge of international trade terms, requirements and documentation – Excellent knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and particularly Excel
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV and a Cover Letter detailing your suitability and experience to: [email protected]caint.com with the “Job title” as subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st January, 2021.