An indigenous Gas Processing company is recruiting qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Manager
Location: Head Office in Lagos (with Plant and Base Operations in Niger Delta)
- Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer with responsibilities for managing all Engineering and technical project activities in the gas processing company, engineering design operations support and managing contractor’s activities where and when required
- In addition, he wil be responsible for developing and maintaining the company’s engineering and technical standards, improve on the existing framework to ensure operations have no technical issues and quickly resolve any issues that may arise in any engineering and technical discipines.
- He wil enforce compliance with statutory requirements, company codes standards and industry best practices as well as ensure that all the Company activities meet HSE standards.
- Promote Company’s CASHES poloes and objectives.
- Ensure zero LTI is achieved
- Promote Company’s core values and business principles
- Lead the technical team in the development of engineering designs and specifications during plant modification works where necessary
- Provide technical support to Procurement to establish technical standards and review vendor bid complace with technical requirements for materials and works
- Provide guidance to the executive management on alternatives for project planning considering time to completion, cost and other factors
- Develop annual technical strategy, plans and improvement initiatives for the Company’s Gas Plant
- Develop annual objectives and key performance indicators for the technical unit for executive management’s review and approval
- Manage the generation and preservation of Company Intellectual Property, amongst which includes archiving storage of designs, documentation of know how, preparation of patent applications, equipment manuals and other data books
- Develop scope of work for internal projects functions, such as design, site assessment, environmental studies, surveying or field support services and any other Engineering and Technical works
- Prepare project cost estimates to facilitate preparation of sound project economics and contribute to the preparation of annual budgets and the Company Business Plan
- Provide technical support to operational functions in the most efficient manner
- Provide relevant technical advice / information to production staff through the Plant Operations Manager to promote good Asset Integrity
- Support the implementation of process safety and asset integrity plan for the Gas Plant.
- Report, daly, weekly and monthly on annual plans and key performance indicators
- Develop improvement proposal for the Company’s Gas Processing Plant performance initiatives
- Coordinate the delivery of technical projects for the Company’s Gas Plant.
- Ensure projects are delivered within approved schedule and budget
- Coordinate desktop studies for Company’s Gas Plant improvement areas and make recommendations for plant optimisation to achieve optimal performance and efficiency.
- Ensure operations procedures are documented and put to effective use
- Organic inhouse technical training for operations team on engineering data information, operations philosophy, operations procedures, Plant Design basis amongst other technical training for production efficiency.
- Laise with field operations through the plant Operations Managers to secure production data maintenance data for analysis to enhance production and Company’s R&D.
- Foster and promote team spirit and a culture of excellence for business success
- Ensure all Projects outstanding items at the Company’s Gas Plant are closed out and properly documented
- Coordinate the review process of the following for the Gas Plant:
- Technical queries
- Technical deviations
- Management of change
- Design review
- HAZOP and HAZID
- Constructability review
- Start-up reviews.
- B.Eng. in Chemical or its equivalent
- B.Eng / B.Sc. in any of the Engineering fields: Mechanical / Metallurgical / Material Engineering / Production Engineering / Chemical Engineering or Electrical / Electronics Engineering.
- A Degree in Law with commercial sense or B.Eng. Engineering Degree with Business Law experience
- COREN Registration in relevant disciplines.
- 10 years experience in relevant field.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Ability to communicate across a broad range of technical disciplines
- Strategic thinker
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with facility Engineering environments.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 9th May, 2022.