Eroton is an independent oil and gas producing company with its headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria. We operate OML 18 situated in the Niger Delta.
We are recruitng to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Technical
Job Code: 77
Report Directly To: Managing Director / CEO
- The Head Technical will be responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership for technical disciplines by building a high caliber team of engineers and geoscientists to drive company’s growth.
- The role involves development and ownership of Asset Development Plans, JV Strategy, support of subsurface matters, drilling/workover/completion, reservoir management and project delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and support for company’s oil and gas development projects and provide strategic oversight for drilling and exploration activities (Operated and Non- Operated Assets).
- Develop and deliver projects through the deployment of cross-functional technical and operational teams.
- Ensure quality plans are in place through robust technical assurance in all stage gate reviews as well as the annual business planning cycle.
- Accountable for successful delivery of all drilling campaigns and well optimisation activities.
- Serve as the Technical Authority for authorizing projects and ensuring funding is in place as well as approving changes to project budget.
- Hold overall responsibility for projects success by ensuring integration and optimisation of resources.
- Oversee the approval of feasibility studies, designs, costing and technical contract terms & conditions.
- Responsible for approving project changes in alignment with the business strategy.
- Provide oversight for Technical directorates input to Annual budgetary cycle and 5-Year Business Plan.
- Liaise with JV partners to align company’s interest with stakeholder expectations.
- Represent the company externally as a technical expert with government, partners and industry.
- Support strategic business development opportunities as required.
- Ensure the development of short, medium- and long-term appraisal and development plans for Company acreage cycle.
- Deliver, in conjunction with the Operations directorate, production optimization and enhancement programs.
- Oversee the delivery of resource maturation and field development plans.
- Oversee field studies and ensure robustness of processes for reserves determination & reserves bookings.
Job Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 15 years post-qualification experience in the upstream oil & gas industry, with at least 10 years in a managerial role.
- Proven management, leadership & technical skills across the subsurface/wells and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience developing, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Strong economic, risk assessment and strategy development skills.
- The ability to work independently, can meet strict deadlines with a strong delivery focus.
- Build and maintain business relationships, internally and externally including JV technical management.
- Experience in managing capital projects in the E & P industry
- Strong understanding of field development planning process
- Good understanding of the exploration philosophy and able to work with explorers to convert a prospect into a producing asset.
- Good understanding of reserves estimation and categorization.
- A University degree in Engineering, Geology, Physics (Second-Class upper at the Minimum).
- A master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering will be an advantage.
- Relevant certifications will be an added advantage.
- Subsurface Team
- Exploration & Geosciences Team
- Well Engineering Team
- Production Team
- Maintenance Manager
- Asset Managers
- Head HR
- Gas Development Team
- Project & Facilities Engineers
- Leadership Team & Board of Directors
- JV Partners
- NAPIMS, NNPC & DPR
- NOV Assets
Competencies & Skills:
- Leadership – Skill
- Credibility – Skill
- Adaptability – Skill
- Teamwork – Skill
- Self- Motivation – Skill.
- Functional Technical Leadership – Mastery
- Geophysics/Geomatics – Skill
- Well Engineering – Skill
- Reservoir Engineering – Skill
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply