Eroton is an independent oil and gas producing company with its headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria. We operate OML 18 situated in the Niger Delta.
We are recruitng to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Assistant to the CEO
Job Code: 79
Report Directly To: Managing Director / CEO
- The Technical Assistant to the CEO provides support and assistance to the MD/CEO on strategic and technical matters as well as provides high quality secretarial and administrative support.
- He/She is to maintain an up-to-date consolidated management overview of projects and/or contracts performance.
- The CEO’s Technical Assistant is responsible for following through on Matters Arising from Board Meetings as well as coordinate as required to ensure that the MD/CEO’s office materials, and inputs for board meetings, OPCOM and MANCOM etc. are adequately available.
Key Roles & Responsibilities of The Ceo’s Technical Assistant Includes
- Provide input to technical studies/research projects, technical reports, project planning reports, etc. to be presented to the MD/CEO.
- Attend meetings with the MD/CEO, responding to technical inquiries as appropriate; present technical knowledge and information on projects and services and provide answers when required.
- Attend meetings with or on behalf of the MD/CEO and follow up on the raised issues/points of action from those meetings until they have been satisfactorily closed out.
- Evaluate, review, and interpret technical inquiries on contractors/vendors, and be able to provide recommendation to the CEO on both existing and potential contractors/vendors.
- Track projects and the decision-making process for projects that require board and top-level committee approvals (e.g. board committees) and ensure that the relevant information for the committee to make an informed decision is readily available.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintains technical databases and spreadsheets.
- Work with the EA to the MD/CEO to ensure that the MD/CEO’s schedule of activities are fully coordinated and aligned to ensure optimal utilization of the MD/CEO’s time and resources.
- Maintain effective and comprehensive electronic & paper filing systems to ensure efficient flow of correspondence and documentation.
- Regular interface with the Project Management office and Technical Planners of the company to ensure that MD/CEO is kept up to date on the progress of the company’s ongoing technical projects.
- Local/international travel as required by the MD/CEO.
- Aid the MD/CEO in the development, coordination, and implementation of strategic plans of the company and its affiliates.
- Prepare dashboard for the entire business representing the organizational progress of the company with regards to each department’s ongoing respective projects, highlighting the positives and negatives and reporting performance to the Managing Director on timely basis.
- Attend and contribute to meetings on behalf of Managing Director, reporting back and follow up if required.
- Assist the MD/CEO in collation and presentation of monthly departmental budget performance and other reports including Monthly cash call performance from JV Partners.
- Ensures proper and timely follow-up on reports from units, departments, and divisions.
- Research for, and preparation of speeches and presentations in a variety of formats to support the activities of the MD/CEO.
Other Activities Of The Ceo’S Technical Assistant Are:
- Conduct research and develop presentations for the MD/CEO on various areas as assigned.
- Act as the focal point for requests for information that requires knowledge of the leadership structure and how the different roles in the organization are connected.
- Facilitate the development of corporate and functional business strategies to align with the business direction and vision of the company.
- Provide management oversight for the development of integrated engineering blueprints and plans.
- All other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Engineering or a Science discipline.
- MBA or Masters’ degree in Engineering or a science discipline will be an added advantage
- Membership of professional bodies, e.g. Nigerian Society of Engineers, National Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPEE), Society for Petroleum Engineers (SPE), registration with COREN etc. will be an advantage
- To be able to produce periodic reports.
- Knowledge of Process Equipment, Welding Techniques, tools, and equipment.
- Interface with regulatory authorities and statutory bodies.
- Regular interface with the Project Management office and Technical Planners of the company to ensure he/she and the MD/CEO is kept up to date on the progress of the company’s ongoing technical projects.
- Focus on the successful execution of the project on time, within budget and in accordance with the agreed project requirements, specifications, and standards.
Job Knowledge and Experiences:
- Minimum of Eight (8) years’ experience working with Chief Executives/Executive Directors or managing a business unit with technical responsibilities.
- Excellent planning skills will be an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of HSE and Engineering standards.
- Experience in budget preparation and liaising with NAPIMS.
- Ability to work well independently but also as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to distinguish between, and balance priorities within his/her areas of responsibilities while meeting both short- and long-term goals.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver commercial excellence and knowledge of handling large contracts.
- Experience in liaising with relevant statutory bodies and contractors.
Key Job Challenges:
- Articulate risk & hazards and proactively recommend to the MD/CEO actions to mitigate them.
- Provide input into annual operating budget and defend budget with NAPIMS.
- Will be required to embark on trips and attend meetings outside his/her location as may be required
- Managing Director/CEO
- Heads of Departments/managers.
- Board of Directors
- All staff
- Project Management office and Technical Planners
- Internal Audit
- Regulators and other regulatory Agencies
- Auditor National Content Development Monitoring Board
- Industry Chief Executives
- Banking Executive
- Contractors & Vendors
- State Government and Federal Government Agencies.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities to completion with tight timelines
- Business planning and analysis
- MS Office Tools and Calendar Management
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Problem solving ability
- Lateral thinking skills.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- People and time management
- Report writing and presentation
- Protection of Confidential Information
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply