United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Investigation Monitoring & Enforcement
Job Type: Full-time
- Ensure policy and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure Cluster Compliance Officers submit spot check reports etc to the Chief Compliance Officer are received as planned. etc.
- Monitor regulatory changes, level of compliance to Internal and External regulations by through monthly incidence reporting.
- Facilitate in Compliance training.
- Monitor transactions according to Policy.
- Dispose Actimize alerts.
- Track Compliance & AML Audit Review comments of the subsidiaries and Group Compliance to ensure that corrective actions are implemented and escalate to Chief Compliance Officer when necessary.
- Track Regulatory Compliance examination comments of the subsidiaries and Group Compliance to ensure that corrective actions are implemented and escalate to Chief Compliance Officer when necessary.
- Provide compliance and advisory function services to management.
- Raise the culture of Compliance in the bank.
- To manage and support the bank’s compliance risk management strategy by monitoring and enforcing regulatory compliance and compliance with the bank’s laid down rules.
- Be involved in helping Cluster Compliance Officers in ensuring compliance with the external and internal rules guiding the bank across the various cluster arrangement.
- Promote initiatives to ensure compliance with the bank’s laid down policies/rules in order to enhance the compliance culture in the bank through spot checks, regular risk based reviews etc.
- Be involved in the activities of Cluster Compliance Officers to organize and facilitate AML training sessions, enforcing complete documentation/ applying adequate KYC controls, investigations and handling of unusual/suspicious transactions, records keeping.
- Assist Cluster Compliance Officers to respond to and close out enquiries on Compliance HelpDesk, respond to enquiries from regulatory and law enforcement agencies, review questionable transactions referrals (QTRs) from BOs.
- Other ad hoc tasks.
Minimum Education Qualification
- Minimum of a University First Degree
Previous Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience in Operations, Internal Control or Audit, Compliance, Risk
- Banking: Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Strategic thinking & problem solving ability.
- Conceptual skills
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Value adding orientation.
- Avid Reader
- Analytic and Investigation skills
- Proficiency in use of excel, power point, World Check, Finacle, Actimize etc.
- Attention to detail
- Deep knowledge of the Bank’s Products, Policies & Regulatory universe/directives.
- Good understanding of sanction screening
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.