A leading independent Oil Exploration and Production company in Nigeria requires the services of experienced and dynamic candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Tank Farm Operator
- Ensure that all activities in the day-to-day operation are carried out in a manner safe for personnel and equipment as well as minimising the impact on the environment.
- Ensure general housekeeping, isolation, decontamination and preparation of equipment for maintenance
- Liaise with Panel Operator, co-workers and have input to shift team talks.
- Timely communicate and provide report of events to Shift Supervisor and oncoming shift personnel via electronic reports and face to face handovers.
- Assisting in operations with flawless start up and shutdown.
- Monitor equipment and process conditions on site.
- Troubleshoot and analyse process conditions continuously during shift to maintain optimal tank farm operation.
- Provide assistance in ensuring clean, safe, effective and optimal tank farm operation.
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with agreed health, safety and environment practices and procedures s outlined in the site management system & asset local rules.
- Monitor and accurately records data of condition of running and static equipment
- Timely identify problems as they arise and seek appropriate assistance.
- Generate product samples for laboratory testing in plant lab.
- Communicate relevant changing conditions and situations to Panel Operator & Shift Supervisor.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- OND in any Core Engineering disciplines with a minimum Upper Credit
- Basic Offshore Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) and Offshore Medical Certificate will be required
- Minimum of five (5) years operational experience as field operator preferably in tank farm and / or Oil Movement department.
- Must have Permit to Work (PTW) knowledge
- The ideal candidates for this position must have sound knowledge and understanding of tank farm processes and equipment as well as start-up and shut down of equipment.
- He should also have knowledge of preparing equipment for maintenance or inspection and hand back including commissioning of tanks and equipment.
- Must have Emergency response awareness
- Must have knowledge of Hazardous materials
- Must have knowledge of and be able to identify unsafe acts and take action to stop them
- Able to work under adverse weather conditions while working on site.
- Safety and environmental awareness will be required
- Ability to carry out site safety emergency, environment and general procedures
- Must have sound knowledge and understanding of tank farm processes and
- Must be computer literate.
Competitive and attractive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, CV and scanned / clear corporate passport photographs to: [email protected] with the position applied for as the subject of the email.
- Applications will be treated in confidential manner
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 19th August, 2021.