Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems Project Manager – Ukraine Refugee Crisis Response
Location: Flexible, Flexible
Type of Role: Fixed Term
Duration: 3 months
Reports to: Ukraine Response Operations Manager
- We are transforming our approach to Finance in Plan International developing its impact, effectiveness and how it enables us to be a financially sustainable, commercially astute INGO, in an increasingly challenging economic and sector landscape.
- This exciting high-profile role is fundamental enabling us to provide effective financial support and maximise our resources in achieving one of our key strategic goals for providing humanitarian assistance in crisis situations.
- As a key member of our finance community this role is also key in building capacity across our Ukraine Response in Poland, Romania, and Moldova. Providing strategic finance and systems support on budgets, data and partnerships.
- The role identifies key blocks to fast implementation and identifies solutions.
- The post is a key link between country level activity and Plan International’s Global Hub. Responsible for ensuring systems work is aligned with humanitarian ways of working and the required speed in humanitarian response activities.
Dimensions of the Role
- Supports strong financial and grants management across the Ukraine Response.
- Works with response teams to identify blocks and solutions.
- Provides strategic advice and support to the Ukraine Response Director
Technical Expertise, Skills And Knowledge
- Qualified accountant or part qualified accountant.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, including sufficient political credibility to work across all layers in the organisation, including senior leadership
- Extensive experience of Finance (accounting; reporting; grants finance; financial planning and analysis) in an INGO at Field and Country Office level.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and as appropriate to the audience.
- Able to build networks and relationships under challenging conditions to promote high performance.
- Experience of, and well-developed skills in, staff management, supervision and capacity building.
- Values working in a team and willing to take on more responsibilities and support team members.
- Comfortable in challenging at all levels.
- Resilient under long term pressure; thrives in dynamic fluid environments: adaptable and proactive.
- Solution focused; able to prioritise, deliver on time and cope with ambiguity.
- Sensitivity to a wide range of cultures, context and varying levels of finance capability.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- Demonstrable understanding of the humanitarian sector and ways of working.
- Experience in leading financial teams in Emergency Responses.
- Knowledge of internal controls in financial management.
- Strong financial systems expertise. Fluency with complex financial systems including multi-currency accounting packages / ERP.
- Experience of developing Standard Operating Procedures and guidance notes
- Knowledge of the requirements of the major emergency donors and experience in budgeting and reporting to donors.
- Language skills in one of the following; Ukrainian, Polish, Romanian or Moldovan.
- Experience of working in insecure environments
- HEAT training
- Knowledge and experience in using SAP and Microsoft D365.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Click here for more information
- Location: Flexible where Plan International has a legal entity and you have the pre-existing right to work. Some travel to Poland, Moldova and/or Romania will be required
Application Deadline 13th April, 2022.