Alfred and Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based companies. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Engineer (Testlab)
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Primarily responsible to certify quality and Performance of Network equipment.
- Ensure all equipment for site installation passes the Performance Bench test.
- Receive equipment from the store and prepare it for site installation.
- Carry out upgrades on equipment firmware and test the upgrade version functionality for compliance.
- Create manuals and detailed sets of instructions for testing and upgrade procedures.
- Monitor and test equipment performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with vendor to implement any fixing procedure.
- Carry out verification and performance tests on returned and new equipment.
- Examine returned network equipment to find out defective components on it.
- Responsible for simulating field scenarios in the lab to check and identify complaints on returned network equipment.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools for the test lab.
- Carry out our deep test on Modems.
- Liaise with vendors and other involved personnel for problem resolution on telecom equipment.
- Provide analysis report on test equipment
- Provide daily reports and monthly reports on the tested equipment
- BSc Degree / HND in Electrical Electronics/Computer Engineering or other related Course.
- 3+ years of technical experience in a telecommunications or network operations environment.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Independent problem solver combined with strong team orientation.
- Knowledgeable in cisco switch configuration and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of telecommunication equipment operation.
- Have proved technical analysis on telecommunication devices.
- Ability to do components functionality test on Telecommunication devices.
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Good experience with multi-vendor telecommunication equipment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline Friday, 3rd September, 2021 by 3pm.