Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sustainability Communications Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
Function: Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
Sub-Function: Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CR&S) Function is seeking a Sustainability Associate to support strategic communications, research, knowledge management, and internal learning.
- The Associate will be responsible for creating and disseminating key information (i.e., case studies, research briefs, grants opportunities, simple video interviews, small scripts/storyboards, etc.) that inspire and drive the uptake of effective approaches to addressing economic, social, and environmental sustainability challenges in agribusiness.
- The focus crops will be grains, animal feeds and protein, rice, superfoods, cotton, wood, rubber, and more in Africa, Asia, and South America.
- Knowledge management platform: identify and organize content (internal and external training resources, case studies, research reports, briefs, research catalogs, project catalogs, etc.) for the company’s online internal knowledge management platform. Draft summaries and regularly vet the content with subject matter experts and ensure information is accurate and up to date. Respond to queries from platform users in a timely manner and liaise with IT to ensure any bugs are quickly resolved. Maintain a library of training resources.
- Internal learning & engagement: support the preparation (i.e., content, logistics, coordination, etc.) of virtual and/or in-person events including meets, workshops, learning exchanges, etc.
- Work collaboratively with Internal and Corporate Communications: collaborate with Internal and Corporate Communications to support greater awareness, learning and exchange for sustainability.
- Provide writing and content support to funding proposals, reports, and meeting minutes, as needed
- Collect, organize, and make available compelling and relevant photographs of the Olam Group’s sustainability work
- Case studies: identify, draft, and edit case studies that showcase sustainability approaches and projects. This will involve speaking to colleagues around the world, and turning what can be multi-faceted, complex approaches into clear and concise key messages, bullet-pointed summaries and practical lessons learned.
- Research & project briefs: prepare briefs of the latest research and projects that distill academic reports and a multitude of project documents, respectively, into simple and clear summary documents.
- Creative formatting: In line with brand guidance, create templates and format guidebooks, case studies, briefs, reports, presentations, etc.
- CR&S Workplace page: moderate the CR&S page of Workplace by Facebook, engage users in meaningful knowledge exchange, develop and post relevant creative content to the Workplace page – especially on international thematic days (e.g., World Water Day, World Environment Day) – to encourage learning and inspire action across the company
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about sustainability and have strong writing skills, design skills, and solid research skills. He or she must also have a positive attitude and outstanding interpersonal skills, as well as enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- University Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or other relevant domain such as organizational learning, Agronomy, International Affairs, Business Administration, etc.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar position
- Native-level English fluency. Knowledge of French, Spanish, Portuguese, or others is considered a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Olam is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applicants are requested to complete all required steps in the application process including providing a resume/CV in order to be considered for open roles