Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervised by: Head of Support Services
Reporting to: Head of Support Services
Employment Period: 12 months starting June 2022
Type of Contract Contract (Expat / National / Trainee): International and National
Salary & Benefits: Management F, unaccompanied positi
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC), and its Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding technical unit – the Danish Demining Group (DDG), has had an operational presence in Nigeria since 2015. DRC Nigeria is the largest DRC country mission in the West Africa region and one of the largest DRC country missions globally. Currently, DRC delivers life-saving assistance and protection to vulnerable, conflict-affected populations including internally displaced persons, returnees and host communities in the areas of armed violence reduction, humanitarian mine action, livelihoods, nutrition and food security, protection, shelter and non-food items (NFI) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in 30+ Local Government Areas (LGAs) across Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states in northeast Nigeria.
- This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines in Logistics and Procurement department within the country.
- The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the effective implementation of logistics/procurement systems and functions within geographical area of responsibility with a particular focus on compliance to the Operations Handbook
- Support logistics/procurement staff and functions in all DRC offices
- Lead and manage the Logistics and Procurement team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Manage the entire process in the planning of procurement and supply chain activities ensuring cost and time efficient delivery of services in compliance with DRC and Donors regulations.
- Collaborate with Program staff, Area Managers and Supply Chain teams in field for proper procurement planning in project design and implementation stages. Ensure that procurement plans are prepared, monitored and updated at Country and field office levels
- Organize procurement trainings for non-logistics staff and small-scale refresher trainings (if/when needed) for procurement staff.
- Plan and organize regular logistics training with relevant participants (logistics, program, Human Resources and finance) to ensure agreed and uniform systems to be implemented
- Ensure implementation of CAST/audit recommendations relating to logistics/procurement
- Ensure that all procurement documents are properly stored and archived to provide an appropriate audit trail for any internal and external audits.
- Conduct market surveys in key categories to ensure that DRC is receiving best value for money.
- Verify the Self compliance checks for all FO’s are verified prior submission
- Conduct regular visits to each procurement office to assess and support compliance and implementation of Operation Handbook volume on Procurement Management (including all updated policies on DRC intranet) across all field offices
- Review ITB (Restricted, National and International) documentation before advertising or inviting suppliers
- Provide remote support in ITB management (TOC report, technical analysis and contract award)
- Provide support to field sites to manage the tendering process (TOC report, technical analysis and contract award).
- Compile monthly reports received from field offices to provide country procurement reports to relevant managers
- Ensure compliance and implementation of Operations Handbook across all field offices
- Provide monthly comprehensive country reports on fleet management (costs) to SMT
- Advise on Fleet utilization and right sizing of fleet requirements as per program needs
- Ensure compliance and implementation of Operations Handbook across all field offices.
- Provide monthly comprehensive country reports on Inventory/Assets to SMT
- Implement any available tools to improve the inventory management
- Provide guidance in disposal methods for unused or expired Asset with prior Donor/DRC Country director approval
- Ensure compliance and implementation of Operations Handbook across all field offices.
- Provide monthly comprehensive country report on warehouse inventory to SMT (list and stock value in hand)
- Provide guidance in disposal methods for unused or expired commodities with prior donor/DRC Country Director approval
DRC Dynamics ERP System:
- Ensure proper application of ERP supply chain processes in the region
- Apply reports and data analytics from ERP supply chain system to improve supply chain performance
- Accountable to ensure that all Supply Chain activities are conducted in accordance with the DRC’s Operations Handbook
- Responsible to ensure that recommendations for improvements related to the Supply Chain Components (e.g., from audits) are implemented in a timely manner
- Accountable for people management of direct reports, generally at least 3 employees. This includes hiring & firing, objective setting, probation, performance appraisal, development of staff, managing performance, including poor performance, etc.
- Accountable for making sound decisions based on DRC policies, MOPs, standards, and the advice of technical experts in DRC
- The responsibilities listed in the Job Description are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- Responsible to ensure that all allegations of breaches of the Code of Conduct by staff in the Supply Chain teams of Iraq are reported and with the support of the Head of Support Services and Security Focal Point, investigated and concluded swiftly.
- Accountable for achieving DRC’s strategic goals and objectives within the area of responsibility
- Accountable for making significant decisions on what the unit does: its purpose, functions and role, and for making commitments and decisions that require the expenditure of significant unit resources.
Education, Experience and Technical Competencies
- Master’s Degree in e.g., Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management
- Certification in Humanitarian Logistics Supply Chain will be an added advantage
- Driving license
- Ability to prepare donor budgets
- Experience working with Danish Refugee Council and knowledge of MS Dynamics is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in humanitarian logistics management within the field of supply chain management, fleet management, asset management, and distribution support
- Experience with construction and site project management
- Experience with auto mechanics or electrical installations
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Competence in providing technical guidance and training
- Working experience with relevant donors (e.g., UNHCR, ECHO, OFDA, WFP, DFID or BPRM guidelines)
- Ability to prepare basic training modules on Supply Chain management and conduct on the job trainings
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- At least 3 years’ experience with Supply chain management at Country Office level in an International NGO
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management
- Strong background in competitive bidding (call for tenders)
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel, as well as experience working with an ERP system
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Desirable: Knowledge and experience in NE Nigeria
DRC as an Employer:
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Are you interested? Then apply for this position on line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
- DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- However, all applicants shall take into consideration that DRC cannot offer an international work contract to a citizen of the country of assignment (in this specific case, Nigeria).
- Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
Application Deadline 24th April, 2022 (midnight GMT-time).