Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Supervisor – Gift Shop Sales
Job Number: 21094887
Location: Lagos Marriott Hotel Ikeja, 122 Joel Ogunnaike Street, Lagos
Job Category: Retail & Gift Shops
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
Located Remotely?: N
- Greet customers when they enter the shop and offer assistance with merchandise.
- Display merchandise, restock items, and ticket merchandise with price or mark-downs. Follow proper inventory system to conduct and reconcile merchandise inventory.
- Count and verify merchandise orders upon receipt and document any shortages.
- Place orders for store merchandise and approve invoices, including communicating with manager/supervisor as needed.
- Complete customer purchases, process all payment types, and process returns, refunds, and exchanges.
- Maintain appropriate cash levels in cash drawer, turn in all property monies and receipts, and ensure deposits/cash drops are verified.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Reach, bend, twist, pull, and stoop; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Follow checklist for opening and closing shop.
- Secure shop and monitor customer activity to prevent losses due to merchandise theft and damage.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply