The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Research Assistant, TB-LON 3
Locations: Oyo and Osun
Reports To: The Research Coordinator
- The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a Revolutionary Program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four Result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centred TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
- The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with the Institute of Human Virology Nigeria as the Prime Recipient, the Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
Summary / Overview
- The Research Assistant will take part in the research and routine analytical work for the project’s interventions.
- S/he will be involved in the administration of questionnaires, recruit clients into the research/study according to the inclusion criteria, and will keep a record of all recruited clients on the research.
- Performs duties and activities pertaining to the research sites to ensure research/study objectives are achieved
- The Assistant will strictly adhere to ethical standards in the conduct of this evaluation and other duties as assigned by the Research Coordinator to whom she/he will report.
- Coordinates all research activities in the state and reports to the Research Coordinator
- Maintains quality control standards to preserve the integrity of research, data, and findings
- Schedule and conduct interviews with research participants
- Undertakes basic administrative tasks such as filing and record keeping.
- Complies with the correct procedures, and policies of health and safety regulations.
- Participates in the execution of deliverables to meet targets within agreed timelines.
- Follows methodologies and standard operating procedures in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Stays informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices.
- Gets a convenient place to conduct interviews and obtains permission/consent from all participants
- Analyze data using various statistical methods
- Writes reports to summarize data and the implications of the results
- Documents all activities, results, and reports to the Research Coordinator.
- Degree in Medical Science, Social Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related fields.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have participated in a Research Project within the past two years of Computer literacy and experience with data Information Systems.
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized with good time management skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining their suitability for the position to the “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: [email protected] using the Job Title and full name of the applicant as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process
Application Deadline 25th April, 2022.