New Incentives is a pioneer in a growing movement of giving small incentives to caregivers whose infants get immunized, while increasing awareness of the health benefits of childhood vaccinations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Stakeholder Relations Officer
Job type: Full-Time
- The Stakeholder Officer is responsible for supporting the initiation and coordination of strategic relationships and partnerships with communities/settlements, health professionals, local government, community service organisations and other relevant stakeholders to improve the program. The role will also entail advocating and promoting the awareness of the organization.
Advocacy to Improve Coverage (30%):
- Develop opportunities to engage religious and community leaders in order to create goodwill for the study and intervention of ABAE
- Take prompt action to resolve supply-side issues as well and provide advance warning about any other potential issues.
- Assist in the organizing of events to raise awareness about the ABAE intervention
- Create of avenues to engage Fathers and Mothers in settlements
- Engage in strengthening relationships with key government, religious, NGO and INGO partners of ABAE
- Increase awareness of SERICC and promote NI / ABAE Initiative in SERICC
- Promote the goals and objectives of ABAE during meetings
- Engage partners and build networks
- Improve of positive perception of CCT in order to improve access
- Create awareness and coverage of the CCT
- Maintain good relationships with staff at the Ministry and Primary Health Care Dev Agency in the State
- Build relationships to facilitate engagements with stakeholders even up to the Governor’s office
Security Awareness (5%):
- Report all security incidents in areas of operations including incidents that do not directly affect staff and/or operations
- Take responsibility for personal safety and the safety of team members as applicable on the field
- Read and understand all Security documents on the context of operations including SOPs and Country Security Plan
Other Duties / Special Projects (5%):
- Other requests that may be assigned by Management.
Education and Work Experience
- HND, BSc or equivalent
- Professional qualifications in the NGO sector will be advantageous.
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years relevant experience (preferably in an NGO).
Skills and Compentencies:
- Nigerian national already based in Katsina State.
- Minimum of National Diploma, ideally Bachelor Degree, preferably in the field of health or other natural sciences
- Passion to help others and reduce infant mortality
- Very good communication and writing skills, English, Hausa and dialects (verbal and written)
- Excellent responsiveness to email and phone requests
- Experience with the Nigerian health system and clinic documentation, particularly related to infant health and vaccinations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word / Excel, internet browsers, smartphones and new communications technology in general
- Proficiency in English Language (conversation, reading and writing) is required
- Knowledge of Hausa Language (conversation and reading) is an advantage.
- Motivation to work in a young organization that is constantly changing based on stakeholder feedback and operates with a lean structure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Fill out this Form to complete your application
Application Deadline 31st March, 2022.