IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Health, Safety & Environment (HSE)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time · Associate
About the Job
- We are currently recruiting for a Specialist, Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) who will implement strategies and controls to reduce health, safety and environmental (HSE) risks across sites.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute towards fostering a positive HSE culture across the organization, ensuring clear accountability, responsibility, skill and knowledge.
- Ensure the company’s HSE systems and processes follow relevant applicable laws and requirements.
- Advise management on developments in environmental issues to ensure consistent adherence to local and international legislation, regulations and standards.
- Advise and support the company’s regional management and staff on results from audits/ risk assessments related to their work areas to ensure safe working environment.
- Develop and review HSE-specific targets for regional operations in line with the company’s annual HSE plan.
- Document, implement and supervise SSOW (RA, PTW, etc.) for potential high-risk operations.
- Prepare site inspection and audit schedules considering all applicable legal and other requirements, such as safety, housekeeping, and environmental aspects.
- Prepare and execute on-site monitoring programs.
- Periodically engage regulatory/ governmental agencies (Federal Ministry of Environment, NESREA, etc.) to ensure continual compliance.
- Provide advice and support during incident investigations to establish root causes, cascade lateral learning, and make recommendations to minimize re-occurrences.
- Coordinate 3rd-party inspections and follow up to ensure close-out actions.
- Ensure prompt close-out of all corrective actions from incidents, audits, clients’ and/ or customers’ inspections, and/ or complaints.
- Advise Operations team, SMCs, and SBCs on legislative and regulatory requirements and changes to prevent punitive measures from regulators.
- Implement strategies and controls to reduce health, safety and environmental (HSE) risks across sites.
- Participate in environment-related conferences, seminars, public hearings, etc.
- Enhance HSE awareness by sending out monthly environmental tips to regional staff and contributing articles to Internal Communications.
- Participate in, and provide support for, environment-critical activities, e.g. Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs), legal compliance monitoring (e.g. noise monitoring, air quality, etc.) across the organization’s operations. Advise management as appropriate.
- Perform any other duties and tasks as assigned by the Country Head, HSE.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences and/ or any other relevant discipline.
- Membership of relevant professional body (ISPON, NES, IOSH, IIRSM, etc.)
- Valid NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) in Occupational Health & Safety. NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate (NEC) will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable knowledge in environmental assessment, monitoring, policy-making, and planning.
- Plus 5 years’ relevant work experience.
- ISO HSE-MS certifications, e.g. ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- HSE Standards Compliance & Enforcement
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Assessment
- Auditing & Inspection
- Incident Investigation.
- Analytical Thinking
- Initiative/ Judgement
- Relationship Building.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Please apply with an updated Resume / CV
Application Deadline 3rd September, 2021.