Heroshe was founded in 2012 to tackle the shopping, payment and shipping challenges non-US individuals and businesses face when shopping in the US. We’re providing cost-effective shopping, payment and shipping services that allow the seamless flow of e-commerce across borders without constraints. Heroshe is currently solving this problem for individuals and businesses in Nigeria. Heroshe is on a mission to improve lives by opening up access to global commerce. Our vision is to remove barriers to affordable quality products everywhere. We will become a global cross-border e-commerce logistics leader by doing this. We’re looking for the right people to join us on this mission.
We’re proud of the company we’ve built. Our people are our biggest differentiating factor and we’ll continue investing in our people and our customer delight culture.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Manager
- We‘ve spent the last two years focused on building a solid technology platform to enable cross border commerce.
- We‘ve put in place a world class operations and logistics team to deliver value to customers on this platform.
- We‘ve built a reputation as the standard of excellence in cross-border logistics.
- Now, we are looking to build a growth team to scale out customer acquisition to leverage this platform.
- The current situation presents a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about building a community to come into a greenfield environment to unleash their creative power.
- This person will have an almost limitless opportunity to determine the direction of Heroshe’s community.
- You will have the opportunity to try your hands at experimenting with creative online/offline community growth ideas.
- This is your opportunity to make your mark and write your story.
- Are you up for the challenge? If you are, then keep reading.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Create and develop Heroshe’s community engagement strategy
- Experiment with various community engagement ideas
- Develop community impacting product ideas
- Execute community engagement ideas that drive customer acquisition
- Impact customer onboarding, education and activation
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Work within a team of talented growth professionals supporting your success
- Lead Heroshe’s online/offline global community
- Build an online community on various digital platforms
- Engage in communities that align with Heroshe’s customer demography
We’re looking for someone:
- Who has exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Who is able to develop engaging content
- Who is a “people person” with great customer empathy skills
- Who has the ability to moderate online/offline conversations within our community
Our perfect Social Media Manager will have:
- A genuine passion for helping people
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Proven track record of creating witty content to engage and grow a page
- Knowledge of the social media influencer space and can lead a campaign for influencer marketing
- 1-3yrs of experience. We’re not particular about your years of experience. We just want to see what you’ve done to get an idea of what you can do
- The growth team will be made up of other growth professionals in Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Data Science working towards a common goal of growing the reach of Heroshe services.
- You’ll have the opportunity to experiment with crazy community ideas.
- The growth team will work as a unit exploring various opportunities on how to get Heroshe product and services in the hands of customers.
- We’re a highly motivated and fun loving team who are relentless in the pursuit of providing a delightful customer experience to every customer.
- We thrive on collaboration but are also able to work as individual contributors.
- Please note, this role is an on-site role.
- You’ll have the ability to leverage the vast knowledge and resources of the growth team to achieve your community growth goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to pursue both online and offline community growth initiatives.
- You’ll have the opportunity to impact product decisions.
- This role will report to the Heroshe office located in Lagos, Nigeria.
The Skill Set:
- You’ve previously grown a business or your personal social media accounts.
- Experience creating text and visual content (meme, gif, short videos etc)
- Practical Knowledge of social media creator tools like Canva
- Practical knowledge of social media management tools like Buffer and Hootsuite
- Good public speaking skills
- Loves creating raw or spontaneous content for engagements
- Competency in using email marketing platforms
- Knowledge and experience of the startup logistics space
Within 1 Month, You’ll
- Attend Heroshe’s week-long training program. You’ll learn about all aspects of the Heroshe services and warehouse operations. You’ll meet other Heroshe team members and Heroshe facility managers
- Get access to all the internal tools we use at Heroshe
- Shadow the Lagos Operations Manager to gain an understanding of Heroshe operational processes
- Have one-on-one with all team leads at heroshe to understand how you will collaborate with each team
- Engage with the rest of your teammates and get ready to execute
Within 3 Month, You’ll
- Have crafted the community growth strategy
- Clearly define an execution plan with specific deliverables and timelines
- Have built out KPIs to measure and manage progress
- Have started showing traction towards KPI outcomes
- Have developed creative assets required to drive engagement
- Have started executing the community strategy as laid out in the plan
Within 6 Months, You’ll
- Have built out communities on a minimum of 4 platforms
- Show high level of engagement on community platforms
- Drive conversion of 10% of engagement towards acquisition
- Help drive community growth product initiative
Within 12 Months, You’ll
- Have built an offline strategy
- Mentor new talents and guide them to lead community growth efforts
- Build leaders within your team
- Move up to the next level of leadership within the organization.
- Build an ambassador community program
- Build a team to support execution of offline community strategy
- NGN 150,000 – 250,000 per month depending on experience
- Quarterly performance bonus
- 2 weeks annual leave
- Health Insurance (HMO)
- Heroshe shipping discount.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply