Aggreko – Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work round the clock, making sure you get the electricity, heating and cooling you need, whenever you need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Technician Mechanic
Job Requisition ID: JR06413
Location: Lagos Depot
Job type: Full time
- To carry out “A & B” service maintenance as per work instruction on Aggreko generators
- To carry out major maintenance as per work instruction on Aggreko generators
- To carry out systematic/advanced fault finding and repairs on mechanical equipment including DC control circuits.
- To trouble shoot and fix all engine related technical issues using expertise & proven experience.
- To carry out Aggreko ‘Health Checks’ and associated adjustments.
- To carry out procedural based failure reporting using paper and electronic systems
- To carry out ‘On the Job Training’ for service crew.
- To stringently comply with Aggreko QHSE standards
- Report risks and any other activities that are associated with the safety of self and others
- Displays a commitment to Operational excellence initiatives
- Aggreko places a strong emphasis on Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Aggreko Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and local legislation, and ensure completion and validity of all minimum QHSE training and objectives required by the company.
- To complete and maintain paper and electronic records as per site specifics
- Operate the Aggreko service mobility system
- To operate, diagnose Aggreko generator controllers.
- Issuing non- AC electrical ‘permit to work’.
- Assisting with the installation and demobilisation of Aggreko equipment.
- Use My Aggreko and the Engineering Community to find important equipment information. Diagrams, Manuals, Specification Sheets, etc.
- Any other duties considered related essential for effective operations and service as requested.
- University Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 6 years’ experience in similar role in power industry.
- Qualified to a Diploma Level in Mechanical/Automobile/Power Generation discipline.
- Experience and exposure to Heavy Diesel / Gas engines.
- Experience with engine controllers – GEMPAC, INPOWER, INSITE, etc.
- The ability to use specialist tools and ensuring all tooling is calibrated in accordance with Aggreko standards and local legislation
- Must be capable of working in a restricted space and at heights up to 2.5 metres.
- Good experience in preventative maintenance and repairs – Major Engine Servicing and repairs, Operations & Maintenance.
- Cummins Engine (Models QSK45, KTA50-G3, QSK50 and QSK60) preferred, otherwise good heavy diesel engine experience (Jenbacher, Wartsila, Caterpillar, Deutz, Volvo, Perkins Man Etc)
- Ability to work autonomously when required
- Ability to coach and mentor new joiners and subcontractors employed at site.
- Effective English written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to adapt and work in a multinational/multicultural environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply