Media Trust Limited is the publisher of Daily Trust and other newspaper titles. They are also into commercial printing as well as Brand Marketing Research for the purpose of identifying new opportunities for business values. Each market research report delivers insight across a wide range of crucial factors such as market size, growth drivers, competitive landscape, trends, and forecasts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SEO Specialist
Location: Abuja / Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
- Media Trust Limited, the publisher of DailyTrust Newspaper and other titles, is hiring an SEO Specialist to write search engine optimized content and manage content publishing on its membership portal, TrustPlus.
- Draft and implement SEO optimization strategy for DailyTrust website and social media platforms.
- Write search engine optimized copies for Trust Plus flagship titles, Youthville+ and Careerville.
- Conduct content marketing strategy analysis.
- Source and interview potential news sources and high-profile guests.
- Monitor trending topics on social media and write stories that will appeal to a digital audience.
- Optimize published articles on the website (page titles, Meta descriptions, h1s, alts, anchor text, etc.)
- Conduct keyword research, backlinking and run analysis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Degree in Mass Communication, English, Social Sciences or any relevant discipline.
- Minimum of two-years experience in a similar role.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in English language.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of SEO and how it applies to content marketing.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Knowledge of social media and creative ways of using it to drive engagement
- Strong journalism and field reporting experience.
- Ability to work as a team player and respond to tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian media landscape.
- Knowledge of any audio, video, or photo editing software program will be valuable addition.
- Knowledge of analytics tools like Google and Bing analytics.
- Understanding of Hausa language is not compulsory, but an added advantage
- Sound editorial judgment.
- He /she must have a track record of reporting and writing in English.
- The ideal candidate should have a vast understanding of Nigeria, its media market, audience and digital trends.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should :
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th October, 2021.