W. A. Kareem & Co. is specialized in providing consulting services, strategic and technical advice to management and also assists management in implementing their decisions in accordance with financial projections towards efficient Accounting and Audit Management, Financial Planning, Financial Investigation, Tax Management, Financial Services, Auditing and Assurance, Tax Compliance, Debt Recovery and Management Consulting.
We strive to ensure that our clients at all times take the right decision with the lowest risk using an accounting system in line with the general acceptable accounting principle that are user friendly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Tax Associate
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The candidate will have the responsibility to be the in-charge of Tax client engagements, and by implication he/she will provide support to engagement team members.
- The candidates must have a clear understanding of tax laws and appreciable knowledge of managing tax engagements.
- Preparing computation of income tax (for companies & individuals), education tax, capital allowance for tax purposes.
- Rendering tax advisory and compliance services to clients;
- Carrying out tax due diligence on companies’ records with a view of determining the company’s tax exposure;
- Attending and responding to FIRS on clients transfer pricing issues;
- Supervising tax unit team on various tax matters;
- Attending tax policy meetings with various tax authorities;
- Communicating new changes and developments in the taxation area to clients;
- Reviewing computation of income tax (for companies & individuals), education tax, capital allowance for tax purposes.
- Reviewing tax audits, queries, demand notice etc. on behalf of clients on issues relating to VAT, WHT, CIT, Education Tax and PAYE with FIRS and various SBIR;
- Attending Tax Audit Reconciliatory (TARC) meetings and resolving tax issues on behalf of clients in Lagos and other states;
- Liaising with various FIRS and SBIR on all tax related issues on behalf of various clients;
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of second class upper (B.Sc., B.A., etc.) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in any discipline with a minimum of upper credit
- Have a minimum of credit in five (5) WASSCE/GCE/NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- ICAN or ACCA or CITN qualification compulsory
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 15th July, 2022.