The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Statistician and Data Analyst
Requisition ID: 1062
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Grade: P3
Number of position: 02
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Organization: African Union Commission – AUC
Reports to: Head of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Division
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for providing Statistics and data analysis support for the evaluation of the African Union Agenda 2063 First Ten Year Implementation Plan.
- Provide support in the preparation and Implement the programmes developed out of the Division’s strategic plan;
- Ensure effective coordination and implementation of Unit’s plans and activities at various levels;
- Liaise with Member States, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), and other relevant stakeholders on relevant matters;
- Conduct complex analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the Division and AU’s internal use;
- Liaise with the various Departments/Units of the Commission for coordination and alignment purposes;
- Prepare budgets for the Division in accordance with relevant frameworks. Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets as may be required;
- Actively contribute in the development of strategies, policies, programmes and plans.
- Prepare and develop reports, budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Division;
- Provide support to develop resource mobilization strategy with stakeholders’ coordination;
- Manage and supervise direct reports to ensure their effective performance as per organization’s performance management policy and system;
- Work closely with AU Member States and RECS to collect data and assess results for the evaluation,
- Apply statistical methods to provide necessary information for the the implementation of AU Agenda 2063 First Ten Year Implementation Plan
- Prepare the technical statistical reports for the formulation of Agenda 2063 Second Ten Year Implementation Plan;
- Provide statistical services to the Agenda 2063 First Ten Year Implementation Plan evaluation team;
- Manage evaluation databases and ensure timely collection and dissemination of information on the implementation of African Union Agenda 2063 First Ten Year Implementation Plan;
- Participate in the preparation of evaluation of progress and final reports on the implementation of Agenda 2063 within the AUC, other AU Organs and Agencies, Regional Economic Communities and Member States.
- Develop robust, timely methods to ensure evaluation data delivery and to ensure that is fit for purpose.
- Design ways of collecting survey and administrative data for strategic policy planning;
- Interpret statistical data and information for policy development, evaluation/monitoring;
- Developing statistical analysis tools for future data collection;
- Organize the collection, validation, compilation, tabulation and dissemination of evaluation statistical data;
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related fields from a recognized university with 7 years of progressively responsible experience in the collection, compilation, analysis and dissemination of statistical data or related area out of which 3 years of experience at specialist/ expertise level.
- OR university Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related fields with 10 years of experience out of which 3 years of experience at specialist/ expertise level.
- Proven experience in statistics, data analysis, and research is mandatory.
- Evidence of regional and international experience is mandatory.
- Experience in cooperation with the African Union, Regional Economic Communities and Member States is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy and use of modern means of communication tools is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of African Union Agenda 2063 First Ten Year Implementation Plan is desirable.
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, and Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Ability to negotiate diplomatically
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
- Strategic Insight
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Building Relationship
- Accountable and Complies with Rules
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence
- Conceptual thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for result
- Continuous improvement orientation
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment shall be for an initial period of one (1) year, the first three (3) months of which shall be on probation. It shall be renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 96,921.34 (P3 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 78,461.08 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th April, 2022.