IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Productivity & Budget Optimization
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- We are currently recruiting for a Senior Specialist, Productivity & Budget Optimization.
- Based in Lagos, you will assist in executing budget, budget control, business planning and financial strategy activities across Technical and Commercial operations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Leverage expertise to support project and product teams in financial modelling and reporting deliverables.
- Carry out performance analytics of raw data from primary and secondary sources to facilitate decision-making.
- Provide forward-leaning, proactive early-warning systems to budget holders on performance to plan, with valuable advice to maintain targets.
- Create project cost codes and track accurate usage across all stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver management presentations as and when required.
- Provide technical and functional cost inputs to the Commercial Finance, Budgeting and Reporting functions within Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) for purposes of budget preparation and business modelling.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Productivity & Budget Optimization.
- Serve as Business Partner to Technical by working with key stakeholders across the functions to understand business drivers, elicit both financial and operational performance expectations, and implement strategy.
- Provide budget support to the Technical organization by analyzing variances, commitments, and efficiencies, as well as recommending potential savings opportunities.
- Build and maintain a KPI Scorecard for Technical Department and analyze network performance and other relevant KPIs on an ongoing basis.
- Create cost-head dashboards to monitor spend against key expense items and against responsibility centres and functions.
- Perform scenario analyses on various Technical KPIs and inform the Technical leadership team on potential risks and opportunities.
- Manage Capex reporting for Technical, including production of monthly reports on Capex budget performance and generation of intelligence reports on impact of key Capex projects on bottom-line.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or any relevant numerate discipline.
- CFA, MBA or ACA qualification is a plus.
- 7-8 years’ relevant experience, including most recent 5 in an analytics function requiring extensive application of statistical/ business intelligence tools and techniques for financial and performance reporting.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Process Improvement
- Stakeholder Management
- Workload Management
- Financial Modelling
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- Business Communication
- Analytical Thinking
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Relationship Building
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th April, 2021.