IPAS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortions. Through local, national and global partnerships, IPAS works to ensure women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care; including counseling and contraception to prevent unintended pregnancies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Researcher
Reference No.: R377
Job Type: Full time
- The Senior Researcher for Policy and Advocacy is a subject matter expert on the national and global opposition to LGBTI rights, and sexual and reproductive health and rights. S/he is responsible for providing high-level background and technical guidance to Ipas staff, partners, journalists, and donors.
- Advanced degree in related field
- 10 years of opposition research experience and/or
- Recognized subject matter expert in focal area(s) related to LGBTI rights, abortion and SRHR
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience designing, implementing and evaluating research projects
- Demonstrated experience and skill in strengthening the capacities of others to develop and implement research projects and produce high quality research papers and policy briefs
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes in strategy
- Ability to travel 5%
- Ten years experience working with an NGO
- Fluency or proficiency in one or more languages commonly spoken in Ipas program countries other than English
- Established relationships with relevant research stakeholders and/or networks
- High levels of emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated success with high level analysis
- A Strategist and an innovator – You are creative, innovative and a strategic thinker. You have a strong interest in advancing women’s reproductive health and rights and LGBTI rights
- Collaborative spirit – We want someone who actively listens and communicates. Who can connect easily with people across the organization and gain their trust and respect.
- Strategic problem solving skills – You have the intelligence to anticipate challenges and the resourcefulness to find solutions.
- Simplify – You quickly distill complexity to essential and simple concepts and approaches.
- Flexibility – You are a proactive researcher who catalyzes innovation by influencing strategy and working through others.
- Connector – You are able to work with many people across diverse backgrounds and facilitate collaboration and coordination among teams with different priorities.
- Under technical oversight and guidance from the Senior Technical Manager for Policy and Advocacy, researcher conducts investigations on the global opposition to SRHR and LGBTI rights in order to inform Ipas staff, partners, media, and donors about upcoming risks.
- Coordinates and provides technical research support and exchange to Ipas regional policy staff in CAM, Nigeria, and the AA offices.
- Collects, synthesizes, and manages research produced by Ipas staff and partners.
- Produces high quality research for development into policy briefs, articles, and other tools for policy and advocacy.
- Conducts capacity building workshops for staff and partners on how to research and respond to challenges to SRHR and LGBTI rights.
- Other tasks as assigned.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity.
- We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, caste, ethnicity, regional identity, tribal identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy.
- Ipas acknowledges that these personal characteristics may differ in different contexts.