IPAS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortions. Through local, national and global partnerships, IPAS works to ensure women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care; including counseling and contraception to prevent unintended pregnancies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Research Scientist
Job Code: R518
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Senior Research Scientist is a subject matter expert in quantitative methods an evaluation of service delivery and quality of abortion and contraceptive services.
- Working in partnership with research and other colleagues around the globe, the Senior Research Scientist will advance evidence of emerging issues in alignment with the Ipas mission through the design and implementation of research and other evidence-generation.
- The Senior Research Scientist disseminates new evidence through publications and presentations and collaborates with global colleagues to use new evidence to increase the impact of Ipas programs.
- The Senior Research Scientist engages in horizontal practices throughout their work and in collaboration with key colleagues in Ipas nodes across the globe.
- Provides technical leadership and serves as an investigator, as needed, for studies to evaluate service delivery and the quality of abortion and contraception services.
- Provides technical support, as requested, in the design and implementation of research to explore knowledge and practices related to unwanted pregnancy, abortion and contraception, and service delivery.
- Ensures internal dissemination of new evidence and strategies in collaboration with knowledge management staff.
- Gathers and reviews information, evidence, and methods from SRHR partners and other fields for adaptation and testing within Ipas.
- Represents Ipas with external partners through collaborative projects or contracts.
- Disseminates new evidence externally through presentations and publications and provides recommendations and leadership on research uptake.
- Supports fundraising initiatives by contributing to donor proposals and preparation / review of donor reports.
- Serves as an internal methods reviewer and expert for research protocols, analyses and papers
- Identifies key organizational knowledge gaps, problems, and potential solutions to maximize organizational impact in partnership with colleagues.
- Designs and conducts evidence generating activities to evaluate innovations that advance the field and the Ipas mission
- Supports the development and implementation of an organizational research agenda alongside other leaders of the Research Community of Practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relevant Post-graduate Degree (MPH, PhD, DrPH, etc.) in a Social Science or Public Health discipline.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in research and evaluation, ideally in the reproductive health field.
- Familiarity with global abortion and SRH research and research priorities
- Extensive experience as a Principle or Co-Investigator designing and implementing research.
- Extensive experience in publishing research in peer-reviewed journals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong commitment to the Ipas mission.
- Experience working with multicultural teams.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Demonstrated ability in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, database and statistical analysis computer packages.
- Experience with qualitative analysis packages.
- Experience in applying research findings to health and community interventions.
- Spanish, Portuguese, and/or French language skills preferred.
- Experience in facilitating group processes.
- 2+ years’ experience supervising others in research or data collection and analysis.
- Experience with implementation science methods, economic and/or policy evaluation research
- Direct experience with low- or middle-income countries, including living and working in these settings.
- Experience with horizontal or other equitable approaches to work and leadership.
- Collaborative spirit
- Relationship Builder
- Strategic problem-solver
- Agile and flexible
- Active communicator.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply