The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Nature of Employment: Full Time-Projects
Reports to (Supervisor): Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Supervises: M & E Officers and Assistants
- The Snr. M&E Officer will serve as the main focal person for all Research, MEL activity which include data validation, DQA, coordination meetings, capacity building in data quality and supportive supervisory visit to strengthen data collection and management.
- To assist in the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation Strategy for SENSE Project.
- The Senior M&E Officer will support the MEL Specialist in data management, analysis and packaging of program reports and evaluation for wider dissemination.
- Support the MEL Specialist in the plan and implementation of MEL activities.
- Support the M&E Specialist in M&E data analysis and prompt reporting to the donor.
- Support the M&E Specialist in compilation of quarterly and annual M&E reports.
- Monitor project performance against targets and prepare periodic reports on M&E activities.
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations, design and development of survey protocols.
- Support implementation of program evaluations, baseline and end line assessments.
- Promote learning and assist state team on documenting and implementing lessons.
- Support the elaboration of success stories and case studies based on intended audience.
- Ensure high quality data are available when needed for programmatic decision making.
- Manage the information-gathering process for results and performance reports.
- Support the development and maintenance a high quality database for the project.
- Contribute to work plans, budgets and technical reports and deliverables.
- Any other task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Degree in Statistics, Demography, Mathematics or any other relevant discipline, possession of Master’s Degree in a related field is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of data visualization tools and graphics software is advantageous
- Advanced knowledge of Spoken and Written English highly desired.It is preferred, but not required, that the candidate be conversant and fluent in written and spoken Hausa
- Experience working with USAID education programs is preferred
- Experience in conducting assessments, surveys, data management and analysis.
- Minimum of (7) seven years work experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation or social research preferably in the International Development sector.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software including Excel and other Statistical Packages
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as per AIDIs – AUN salary scale.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Submit their Resumes, Cover letters and References on a single file in a word document or PDF format to: [email protected]. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is a national position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status
Application Deadline 13th May, 2021.