Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Manager – People & Culture
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Manager, People & Culture is primarily responsible for partnering with the business to design, develop and implement strategies that will attract, engage, and develop employees, enhance employee engagement and build upon a high-performance culture.
- This position will serve as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues and best practice, improve business practices, lead complex projects and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and policies.
- Minimum of 7 years’ progressive experience in Human Resources, with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Master’s Degree or MBA Degree in Human Resources or any related discipline
- Professional qualification/ certification in HR Management e.g. Global Professional in HR (GPHR), Senior Professional in HR (SPHR), Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM), Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) etc.
- Broad knowledge and experience in the full HR Value Chain
- Proven ability to implement HR strategy and interact effectively with Executive Management and the Board
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, presentation, interpersonal and coaching skills
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Demonstrated experience at influencing and leveraging relationships at a senior level to gain commitment to action that support business objectives
- Demonstrated experience in developing best-practice HR systems and driving organisational change projects to a successful completion.
- Lead and manage all human resource functions through a business partnering service model to provide relevant and responsive frameworks and procedures to support the effective functioning of the business.
- Contribute to the development of a collaborative high performing organisational culture by building employee and organisational capability.
- Create an engaged work environment and reduce turnover
- Provide sound and expert advice to managers on operational people matters, risks, issues and trends to keep managers informed and supported including coaching managers in relation to change management, culture, engagement, and workforce planning issues.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and standards.
- Support the development of workplace and industrial relations reform that meet business needs and lead the provision of effective and timely advice and resolution of industrial matters including negotiating industrial instruments.
- Provide leadership and supervise the performance of the People and Culture team by setting clear work objectives, assessing performance, providing feedback, and development and coaching to build employee capability.
- Manage complex workplace people issues including grievances, performance improvement, conduct and other investigations, disciplinary matters to build a harmonious and productive working environment.
- Identify, analyse and review emerging people and culture policy issues and trends, review and interpret relevant areas of research and provide evidence-based and industry best practice recommendations.
- Manage compensation and benefit structure including preparing payroll and conducting annual salary survey
- Manage end-end talent acquisition process and manage employee onboarding and induction.