Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Network Assurance
Employment Type: Full time
- The need to maximize the benefits in an MS setup and provide an active real-time oversight to the heart-beat of the Network Operation Centre in the MS Operation environment led to the setting-up of Network Assurance Centre (NAC).
- The Network Assurance will be responsible for analysis of NOC KPIs and drive improvement in the Partner NOC for optimal benefit and provide service assurance.
Network Assurance: BSS / Transmission / Core
- Assurance of NOC Alarm handling for active elements by shadowing and monitoring partner
- Assurance of Trouble Tickets (TT) for active elements. Monitor and escalate trouble tickets as per escalation matrix
- Trigger Service Assurance sign-off
- Follow through to ensure completion of Service Assurance sign-off
- Interface with different Network domains to ensure tracking of Service Assurance impacting outages
- Assurance of parameter data/change requests for active
- Track and record service assurance impacting outages
Assurance Reports for both (Active & Passive) Elements within BSS / Transmission / Core:
- Ensure timely reporting from partner NOC as per contractual and agreed timeline
- Follow through for on-demand assurance reports
- Generation of reports to measure, analyze and improve NOC management process
Management of Change End-to-End:
- Effective management of change requests for active elements by monitoring and ensuring closure of approved change requests as planned.
3rd Party Follow Up:
- Follow-up and ensure Trouble Tickets pending with 3rd Party support partners like ISPs or others
Follow Up and Ensure Trouble Tickets Pending with 3rd Party Support Partners:
- Coordinate incidents requiring alignment between TowerCo and Manage Service Partner NOC
- Drive daily outage sign-off between active and passive partners
- Partner NOC KPI monitoring and sign-off
- Develop updated Quality Assurance methodologies using in-house or external resources
- Work with Network Performance Analysis team to help validates the effect of the Change Request by comparing before and after CR implementation
- Audits all network elements (NEs) current DBs (i.e. MSC/MSS, MGWs, Transport /BSS/BTS/Cells, etc.) to ensure possible missing or unnecessary pieces in the DBs (if any) to be added or removed from the NEs DBs respectively
- Conducts regular and ad-hoc QoS test calls (local/international) to evaluate call setup times, correct charging & voice qualities to ensure error free product services
Educational Level & Functional / Technical Skills:
- Bachelor of Engineering or B. Tech Degree (Electrical / Electronic, Telecommunication or related fields)
- Expert on Mobile Network Operations Assurance (BSS/Transmission/Core)
- Business analysis
- Analytical, Statistical and Presentation skills
- Sound MS Excel skill
- Knowledge of Performance managements systems/tools/support systems.
- Vendor Management
- Project Management
- Network Audit and functionality testing
- 10 years or more in GSM / Mobile Company
- Minimum of 4 years BSS/Transmission experience
- Minimum of 5 years Network Assurance experience.
- Minimum of 6 years Network Operations Assurance in Telecom
- Minimum of 3 Vendor Management experience
Skills Critical to the Role:
- Attention to details
- Good negotiator
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th April, 2022.