MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager – Forensic Assurance and Investigations, Internal Audit and Fraud Management
Job Identification Number: 1460
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 3H
Reports To: General Manager Internal Audit and Forensic Services
Division: Internal Audit and Forensic Services
- Develop and drive appropriate fraud investigation frameworks, appropriate fraud detection and prevention operational frameworks monitoring and mitigation policies, procedures, and controls for internal use across the MTNN.
- Oversee the impact of the whistleblower systems on end users (staff and external parties) and develop strategies to ensure a positive stakeholder experience in the use of the channels.
- Ensure reported and escalated incidents of a Forensics nature are promptly and professionally addressed including those identified by internal stakeholders, customers, partners, and management.
- Ensure that the development of internal training materials on fraud prevention best practice in line with the Group Fraud Risk Manual.
- Develop and drive the investigative and preventative processes to ensure that potential and identified fraud is adequately probed; and recommend additional tools and methods that could be deployed in combating breaches to fraud management.
- Prepare high quality reports for delivery to clients, detailing procedures undertaken, results, limitations on work performed and recommended actions.
- Analyze financial data, examine documents, conduct in-depth research, and lead Forensic engagements such as contract disputes, asset misappropriation and conflicts of interest.
- Leverage team appropriately to ensure proper documentation is prepared for the client and procedures relating to the file are followed accordingly.
- Lead initiatives to develop the team’s technical capabilities by taking into account the latest advances in the field of eDiscovery & Investigation from a technology perspective
- Responsible for managing projects and monitoring the quality of work performed on forensic engagements, including quantification of insurance claims, fraud investigations and damages, fraud analytics and matters resulting to law enforcement referrals or litigation context
- Ensure that Internal quality assessments are performed on a quarterly basis to ensure that standards of investigations and reporting meet the highest standards within the MTN Group
- Oversee the complete documentation of all Forensic Proactive and Reactive assignments and engagements
- Ensure that the Fraud register is updated and maintained with the highest quality reporting
- Ensure swift and efficient adaptation of all Fraud risk alerts within MTNN operations such that identified risks in other OpCos are not crystalized in Nigeria
- Deploy fraud and forensic analytics to enhance fraud risks and fraud incident management across the business, utilizing digital forensic applications employed for collecting and analyzing data and experience collecting and processing different data formats, social media, email, disk images, file shares, structured data, etc.
- Consistent application of a Quality Assurance program to ensure compliance with global forensic best practices and Group IAFS Methodologies and Practices.
- Delivering assignments in the required timeframe aligned with the prescribed 45 day rule, engagement letter and risk frameworks
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Play an integral role in our talent development priority through coaching, mentoring, and training junior staff; preparing and delivering internal technical training programs; strategically assigning work opportunities; conducting project/team performance reviews and providing continuous feedback on individual performance.
- Create final written expert reports for use in legal proceedings or for referral to Group Forensics, law enforcement or other stakeholders as may be required
- Ensure embedded systems and processes are effective and drive reduction and mitigation of fraud risk and enable the employees and business to denounce any irregular activities.
- Analysis of complex legal documents and large volumes of documents requiring the ability to review and identify key issues for litigation, disputes etc.
- First Degree in any relevant discipline
- Post-graduate qualification
- Professional qualification in certifications such as Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) designation and Internal Audit – CIA.
- Fluent in English.
- 9 – 17 years experience which includes:
- 5+ years of experience in forensic accounting, in particular demonstrated expertise in completing, leading and or managing Forensics engagements using case managing tools such as encase and fraud analytics skills and tools
- Strong analytical, accounting and auditing skills
- Strong technical expertise working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, pivot tables, look-ups, etc.
- Experience with controls and designing audit testing procedures using a risk-based approach.
- Understanding of emerging markets advantageous.
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills, self-driven and highly motivated to be a leader
- Exceptionally strong oral and written communication skills, particularly interviewing and report writing
- Experience and willingness to participate in business development initiatives
- Experience in working as part of a project team in a lead role
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11:59 PM: 28th July, 2022.