Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior HR Officer – Talent Management & Systems Support
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Senior Human Resources Officer will provide administrative support to the HR Manager in relation to all Human Resource related functions in the organization.
- This will include ensuring consistency of our approach to processes and policies and maintaining high quality standards across all of Malaria Consortium, Nigeria.
HR Systems Administrator (30%):
- Review and update starters and leavers details on cascade;
- Take the lead and Support the Nigerian office with the administration relating to Learning & Development activities (performance management).
- Ensure that all employees are covered under the appropriate benefits policy.
- Provide first-hand HR support to the state offices on administrative, systems or policy related challenges.
- Tracking of trainings, code of conduct and conflict of interest documents.
- Support the coordination of inductions for new starters.
- Support exit interviews and other meetings for exiting staff.
Performance and Development (30%):
- Working closely with the HR Manager, to ensure that probationary period objectives are set, reviews done and APRs are carried out in compliance with MC’s appraisal review timeline.
- Monitor and collate completed PAR, APR and ADR review forms for Nigeria Country office staff and update on Cascade in a timely manner.
- Ensure the timely update of the country performance appraisal compliance tracker.
- Liaise with the HRM to collate all identified training needs from APRs and ADRs.
- Ensure the L&D tracker is updated through the year.
Payroll Administrator (30%):
- Ensure monthly variations (starters and Leavers) are captured on payroll software;
- Ensure details of contract documents are in sync with all organization policies;
- Assist in collecting information required for HR policies and other HR related projects
- Manage a filing system for HR information, including sensitive and confidential information.
- Maintain accurate records of employment benefits.
- Draft end of contract letters with relevant details as captured on cascade.
Data Management (20%):
- Working closely with the Resourcing and Consultancy Management Officer to maintain trackers of all recruitment, consultant and HR related activities database.
- Draft regular HR monthly reports on Nigeria activities, including KPIs for the HRM;
- Minute taking in HR related meeting e.g. disciplinary cases.
- Lead in the scheduling of HR meetings and appointments.
- Support in the management of the HR Information System (Cascade) with required updates on leavers, starters, leave analysis, performance management analysis and related data analysis.
Qualifications and experience:
- Certificate in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related role.
- Prior experience in a similar level role.
- Prior experience in data management and HR analytics.
- Excellent payroll management experience.
- Able to work on own initiative with limited supervision
- Excellent in English with good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Very good in computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft package
- Able to manage and priorities multiple tasks
- Resourceful – able to ‘think outside the box’
- CIPM certification will be an advantage.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel).
- Experience in human resources or administration
- Experience in record keeping/management.
- Knowledge of Nigeria employment law.
- INGO experience will be an added advantage.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality of HR information
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
- To apply for this position you will need to have the right to work in Nigeria
Application Deadline 28th April, 2022 (23:59 BST).