Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE: BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services, and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior HR Manager – Labour Relations, Sub – Saharan Africa
Reference No.: R20783
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full time
Job Details / Responsibilities
- In this role, you will focus on managing labour relations programs, collective agreements, policies, and procedures. You will be responsible for advice and leadership on employee and union relations. You will advise management on labour law, regulatory requirements, fair employment practice, and risk management.
As a Senior HR Manager – Labour Relations SSA, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing Employee Relations’ philosophy, guiding principles, and proactive risk assessment tools across SSA
- Providing strategic and tactical guidance to the different business units and leading complex and multidisciplinary projects
- Communicating with HR colleagues and business leaders about change of policy and implementation.
- Performing as a highly competent Subject Matter Expert and delivering training to People leaders, employees and HR
- Organizing knowledge sharing to convey information about new approaches and best practices
- Providing Employee and Labour relations perspective for Benefits & Policy Development
- Providing support to the Legal Department on litigations as required
- Providing support to the company in handling third-party Labour Relation matters as required
- Overseeing and managing Labour relations programs, collective agreements, policies and procedures
- Advising management and stakeholders on Labour law, regulatory issues, risk management and current trends or significant changes
- Working with cross-functional teams in the business and HR to implement and maintain a positive, proactive working environment
- Developing positive working relationships with Labour Union leadership and Regulatory bodies and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
- Have 8 years of hands-on experience in Employee Relations in the Oil & Gas industry
- Be a skilled influencer with the ability to communicate complex messages to others
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and mentor others as well as great interpersonal and leadership skills
- Display excellent oral and written communication, analytical, problem-solving and Project management skills
- Be willing to travel extensively within the Regional Coverage area
- Have a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate (please indicate clearly on your CV)
- Have 8 years of robust Union Negotiations and Labor Relations experience
- Have Labour Relations experience in other SSA countries
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills
Work in a way that works for you:
- We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times you work in the day
Working With Us
- Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
- We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working For You
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply