9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, IOT & Digital Services
Job ID: IRC4470
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Provide support for end to end innovative and optimal solution architecture for IoT (Internet of Things) & New Services requests ranging from IPTV, SDN/NFV,5G, MEC, Unified Communications, Cloud services, etc.
- Participate in the enterprise sales cycle for IoT & new services to gather customer business needs and define technical requirements.
- Responsible for analysing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end IoT & new services solutions for customers based on their specifications and business needs.
- Ensure the solution portfolio/product offerings fit into the IoT & new services network architecture in terms of technology infrastructure
- Conceive, design and implement end-to-end IoT solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; Demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Apply technical expertise to find creative solutions based upon emerging IoT technologies and industry trends
- Leverage IoT subject matter/ industry expertise and in-depth knowledge of client’s IoT environment to define IoT solutions
- Design IoT solutions with AWS, Azure, GCP and client cloud environments, data storage and IoT components using event driven data.
- Ability to create detailed documents outlining IoT & new services solutions, benefits, and costs for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Develop detailed and accurate Statements of Work that allow 9mobile Nigeria to successfully implement the solutions.
- Interface with customers and Sales staff to architect IoT & new services solution based on a variety of criteria including technical requirements, business objectives, and functionality while setting proper expectations.
- Provide network design and routing for Cloud, IoT & New services
- Work with cross functional teams on seamless design and implementation of project scope
- Responsible for providing detailed design and documentation of proposed technical solutions.
- Translate customer requirements into integrated solutions
- Provide vertical applications development including device communication/data/management, wireless connectivity, and secure web applications to connect machines with bilateral device communications.
- Experience in IoT Connectivity Protocols (Cellular – 2/3/4G, NFC, LoRaWan, Wi-Fi, MQTT, AMQP, Zigbee, Bluetooth, Web-socket, etc.)
- Exposure to real-time embedded systems, IoT Verticals (IoT connected devices, mobile technology platforms, consumer electronics, computing peripherals)
- Experience with Azure IoT stack like IoT Central, IoT Hub, DPS, Azure Edge run time
- Programming experience with Java, C,C++, Python and some embedded OS such as RTOS
- IoT solutions experience including knowledge of IoT architecture, technical framework, devices, ecosystems and implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or a Science Technical discipline. Master’s degree (MS or MBA) preferred.
- Experience in IoT solution architecture with 5 years of experience within telecom networks, alongside IT infrastructure.
- Prior experience in a technical role within a services organization.
- Understanding of emerging IoT and Mobile technologies and communications protocols.
- Project Management Certification will be an added advantage (Prince 2 or PMP)
- Azure and/or AWS knowledge: 5 years (Required)
- IOT: 5 years(Required)
- Programming with Java, C, C++, Python: 5 years (Preferred)
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio)
- Experience in one or more specific IoT / embedded / M2M industry (i.e., home automation, business automation, health wearables, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.)
- Experienced in developing connected products and implementing data solutions which interface to management systems on the edge or in the cloud, and which solve customer problems, improve efficiency, save time and/or money.
- Logical decision-making abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects within the established scope, budget and timeline.
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal Skill
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer Focus
- Growth Mindset
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply