Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Analyst
Job Category: Risk Management
Job Family: Credit Decisions
Purpose of the Job
- To identify, analyse, dimension and manage the key risks facing the bank (primarily credit risks) for standard credits, complex credits including Financial Institutions (FI’s), syndicated loans and other complex transactions, including transactions involving derivatives and market risks, with the key objective of ensuring a healthy portfolio and minimizing financial losses.
Job Background / Context
- In view of the need to preserve as well as maximize shareholders’ wealth, particularly in a dynamic environment like Nigeria, it is imperative to have a strong risk management framework adequately staffed with the requisite risk expertise, to ensure a healthy risk asset portfolio, and entrench best-in-class risk management practices.
- Timely and good quality initial, interim and annual credit approval requests / reviews, which comply with institutional and regulatory guidelines.
- Analysis of complex transactions, customers and industries including Financial Institutions (FI’s), syndications, acquisitions and other Corporate Finance / Treasury initiatives, including derivatives and market risk impacted transactions – with capacity to provide policy and process knowledge and guidance, as pertinent.
- Conducting Industry Credit Reviews (ICR’s) and Target Market studies.
- Maintaining customer interface and developing contacts; regular credit calls on customers.
- Monitoring events in the local and global environment; understanding of impact on bank’s credit assets.
- Undertake special tasks assigned by CRM (Country Risk Manager)
- Collaborate in the preparation of the country’s scenario plan.
- Collaborate in the negotiation of International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) agreements and related documentation.
- Collaborating with the relationship management teams in ensuring that credit approvals are timely and current.
- Early problem recognition, monitoring identified risk triggers and raising credit red flags.
- Supporting remedial management initiatives and/or actions, where necessary
- Ensuring the implementation of agreed action steps identified to address credit issues (including issues raised by Credit Reviewers, Internal Auditors, Regulators etc.).
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of the Country’s business and risk strategy.
- Prepare stress tests and rapid portfolio reviews.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a university undergraduate degree.
- A postgraduate degree in a financial and/or business discipline, or a professional accounting and/or financial management qualification.
Knowledge / Experience:
- At least 10 years of commercial or investment banking experience with industry and/or specialized knowledge covering key segments of the economy – Oil & Gas, Industrials, FMCG, Telecoms, Public Sector, Financial Institutions etc.
- Proven track record of leadership in originating and/or analysing and/or reviewing / approving credit requests and/or proposals across industry segments
- Proven track record in conducting and/or actively participating in portfolio, industry and/or sectorial reviews and analysis, including articulation, co-ordination and implementation of action plan.
- Product knowledge (including Cash Management, Trade, Treasury products, Loans and Corporate Finance)
- Strong numeracy and analytical skill.
- Strong computing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Strong management and organization skills