Job Title Title: Research Technician III
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in DNA extraction from soil, bacteria, fungi, plant and any other molecular work and procurement of all microbiology supplies and equipment;
- Assist in maintaining all microbiology equipment, isolation and authentication of bacteria from nodules and other rhizobiology work;
- Assist in isolation and maintenance of plant growth promoting micro-organism and microbial analysis on all samples;
- Assist in maintaining controlled growth chambers and microbial cultures;
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory and its annexes;
- Assist both MSc & PHD students on all laboratory/greenhouse/field work related to microbiology;
- Assist in training IT students, NYSC and manage lab, staff and daily analytical services;
- Handles customer samples and assign needed analyses to technicians and bill.
Customers for lab analytical services;
- Assist in updating, upgrading and train staff on new emerging analytical techniques;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- OND in Science Laboratory Technology, Microbiology or related discipline with at least Five (5) years relevant experience.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Have practical microbiology techniques, statistical software and be computer literate.
- Possession of valid drivers’ license is an added advantage.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)