The Pan African University (PAU) is a continental initiative of the African Union Commission, Addis Ababa to revitalize Higher Education and Research in Africa. The PAU has five Institutes each in the five Sub-regions of Africa. Located within the University of Ibadan (UI), the Pan African University Institute of Life and Earth Sciences (including Health and Agriculture) PAULESI, is the hub for West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- PAULESI needs suitably qualified Research Officer with PhD Qualification in the relevant or related thematic areas; Life Sciences, Earth Sciences, Health Sciences, Agriculture or any other related field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enhance the research profile of the Institute.
- Provides guidelines on publications.
- Provides quarterly research report of the Institute.
- Ensures published articles are posted on notice board and the Institute server.
- Provides oversight function on the Central Laboratory.
- Liaise with Programme Coordinators, students and Supervisors to identify common Laboratory equipment.
- Undertakes any assignment relating to Research delegated from time to time.
- Identify opportunities for grants for students and the Institute at large. Make these opportunities known at earnest.
- Assists with grant writing proposals on behalf of the Institute.
- Assists in maintenance of research database of the Institute by monitoring and tracking the number of publications of the Institute.
- Minimum academic qualification is PhD with lecturing/research at University or Research Institute.
- Familiar with peer review process and procedure, and been a reviewer for some publishing houses
- Good Computer skills and data analysis packages
- Good knowledge of Research issues at Post Graduate level
- Evidence of publications in reputable journals
- Good interpersonal relationship skills. Ability to relate with people at all levels internally
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
- A person of Integrity.
- Ability to attend to official issues at odd hours on rare occasions when the needs arise.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
A consolidated package of N193,000 per month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 4:pm 26th February, 2021.