The Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund (WF) was created in 2011 to increase the representation of women in Nigerian governance at all levels and address the growing concerns about the gender imbalance in elective and appointive positions. The goal of the Fund is to institutionalize access to resources for women in politics in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Officer
Location: Work in Abuja (with travels to other parts of Nigeria)
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 4 years, renewable yearly
Reports to: Programme Team and the CEO
- Research, Publications, Programme Support, Strategy Development, Documentation, Report writing.
- Ability to conduct research under acceptable and or international standards
- Ability to turn out research products in a timely manner
- Contribute to the identification, planning and implementation of research papers, policy briefs and any other internal or external documents on the project.
- As required, speak about NWTF research to external audiences during online or in-person meetings or conferences.
- Review gathered research and analyzed various sets of data.
- Verify that information on Databases remain secure.
- Coordinate with the NWTF Communications teams to ensure maximum visibility of research documents on the NWTF website.
- Provide editing and feedback for content submitted to the NWTF.
- Conduct structured interviews with in-country civil society contacts.
- Provide advice on research and research methodology for the project.
- Maintain a comprehensive overview of trends and developments on project thematic areas.
- Manage updates for research Partners, as assigned.
- Help with the organization of regular online meetings of research partners.
- Perform other tasks related to the furtherance of NWTF research on the project thematic Areas as assigned.
- Contribute to closing the gender gaps in Nigeria’s governance process under the institutional mandate of NWTF.
- Advance Degree or certification in Gender and Development Studies, Business Administration, Political Science, International Relations, Law, Development Studies, Media, Communications, Sociology, Public Policy and Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years knowledge and working experience research, communications, and development in relation to women, gender, and development.
- Knowledge of the landscape for addressing barriers to women’s leadership and inclusion in Nigeria and Africa preferable.
- Previous experience of providing conducting general and issue-based research.
- Previous relevant professional work experience in international organizations and / or non-governmental agencies involved in women’s leadership and development
Negotiable and competitive within the sector with one year contract renewable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their most recent CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: NWTF is an equal opportunity employer