Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University is a Federal Government-owned tertiary institution located in Bauchi, Bauchi State with its two (2) Campuses at both Yelwa and Gubi Campuses. The University is Information and Communication Technology (ICT) driven and has cut a niche for itself in Science, Technology and Engineering courses nationally and internationally. It is envisioned to be a world class University committed to excellence in teaching and research, and the production of a generation of leaders worthy in character; with passion for service and integrity. The University is committed to the advancement of knowledge in science and technology.
The Governing Council hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates for appointment into the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar, who is the Chief Administrative Officer and one of the Principal Officers of the University, shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University.
- By virtue of his/her office, he/she shall be the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- Candidates should possess at least second class Degree (Lower Division) in Arts / Humanity or Social Sciences with a minimum of 15 years post qualification cognate experience in a University and must have served for at least three (3) years as Deputy Registrar.
- The candidate should not be older than 60 years by 24th June, 2022 and must be of good health and have a good understanding of vision and mission of the University.
- He/she shall have the ability to provide good leadership, possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life and be able to command respect and loyalty of staff.
- Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) with relevant Management Packages is required.
- Possession of relevant higher degrees or postgraduate professional qualifications in the appropriate fields is an added advantage.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the University Governing Council.
- The successful candidate shall hold the post of Registrar for a single term of 5 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward thirty (30) copies each of their Applications and a duly signed and dated detailed Curriculum Vitae. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname first in capital letters).
- Date and Place of birth.
- Marital Status
- Academic qualifications
- Working experience with dates and positions
- Merits and awards (if any)
- Membership of professional bodies
- List of academic publications (if any)
- Extracurricular activities and interests
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees.
Applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae with copies of credentials attached should be sent, through a registered courier company, in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of Registrar” on the top left hand corner, to reach:
Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University,
P.M.B. 0248, Bauchi,
Bauchi State, Nigeria.
- Candidates should request their referees to send a confidential report on their character, academic and managerial abilities and achievements in a sealed envelope marked at the top left corner, “Post of Registrar: Referee’s Report”.
- All applications shall be duly acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview, please
Application Deadline 27th April, 2022.