The Akwa Ibom State Government has applied for credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the implementation of Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). CSDP came to a close in December, 2014 and Akwa Ibom State Government Fulfilled all the requirements by the bank which enabled the State to come on board Community and Social Development Project Additional Financing (CSDP AF), which commenced in January, 2015.
The Project Development Objective of CSDP AF is to increase access by the poor people and particularly by the internally displaced and vulnerable in the North East of Nigeria to improve social and natural resource infrastructure services in a sustainable manner throughout Nigeria. The CSDP AF is expected to end on 30th April, 2021
Akwa Ibom State Agency for Community and Social Development now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from the public and private sectors for recruitment into the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Location: Akwa Ibom
- Ensuring efficient running of the office and the maintenance of all office facilities
- Processing and paying all bills, salaries, etc., pertaining to the smooth running of the the State Agency (SA)
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports on financial progress on micro-projects and CDPs
- Liaising with banks, tax authorities and other regulatory agencies on behalf of the SA
- Preparing quarterly Financial Management Reports
- Reviewing financial transactions of communities in line with General Guidelines issued by SA, FPSU and funding agencies, and making reports to the GM
- Offering training and capacity building in the areas of financial management, records keeping and other related matters to the community.
- Maintaining schedules of personnel, welfare and other personnel functions
- Ensuring the proper recording of financial transactions of the Agency and other departments
- Preparing annual budgets and work plans for the SA
- Processing and managing all fund disbursements as well as ensuring proper documentation to facilitate the release of funds from funding agencies to communities
- A University Degree or membership of professional association such as ACA, ACCA or their equivalents
- Higher National Diploma in Accounting or Banking and Finance
- At least 12 years post-qualification experience.
Job Title: Assistant Project Accountant
Location: Akwa Ibom
- Assisting in preparing budget and work plan for State Agency (SA) use
- Assisting to maintain the SA assets and database
- Assisting to prepare monthly / quarterly reports in accordance with accounting reporting requirements
- Managing and controlling inventory and stores of the agency.
- A University Degree / HND in Accounting, Banking and Finance and / or their equivalents with at least 5 years post-qualification experience
- Membership of Professional Association such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA, ANAN
- Knowledge of computer based accounting packages
- Experience in donor-funded or rural development project audit will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates from the private sector or the Civil Service should submit ten (10) numbers of their written Application each with comprehensive Curricula Vitae in an envelop and addressed to:
The General Manager,
Akwa Ibom State Agency for Community and Social Development,
8, Akpa Ube Street,
Uyo – Akwa Ibom State.
- The envelop should be clearly marked, “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CSDP (POST APPLIED FOR)
- Failure to comply with these instructions will render such application invalid
Application Deadline 12 noon, 26th February, 2021.