Group8 is recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Station Engineer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Protects the station’s broadcasting licenses and prevents institutional liability and the potential for fines resulting from violations of standard broadcasting policies by assisting the Chief Engineer in ensuring that the station is in compliance with NBC rules and regulations pertaining to technical operations at all times.
- Ensures that radio and TV master control and production personnel are able to perform their duties by assisting the Chief Engineer in planning, and recommending the purchase, installation, and maintenance of all station technical equipment, including new technologies intended to expand station services.
- Ensures quality and continuity of broadcast service by gaining and maintaining a high level of familiarity with the broadcast automation system and troubleshooting, navigating, and servicing the system as required.
- Promotes preventive maintenance as a strategy in maintaining the radio and TV stations’ equipment by keeping accurate records on equipment indicating required and performed maintenance, performing periodic cleaning and servicing of equipment, and scheduling major repairs and services as appropriate.
- Engages in process improvement and facilitates a more effective use of radio and TV station resources by solving technical problems hampering station operations and using modified off-the-shelf components or by designing and building unique prototype equipment or software to perform specific electronic functions or to increase the operational capacity of the equipment in use.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with the administration of the radio station by producing engineering-related documents for regulatory, governmental, or grant making agencies, preparing supporting information for the selection of departmental budget priorities, and documenting station policies and procedures related to technical operations.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with the maintenance of station computer operations by evaluating emerging technologies for station uses, planning for, installing, and maintaining computer workstations, servers, and LAN equipment, providing technical support to production and support staff for radio and TV studio, master control, and computing resources as needed.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current through self directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Chief Engineer.
- A Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering or its equivalent
- At least 4-5 years working experience
- Experienced in electronic engineering and using communication equipment
- Sufficient colour vision and hearing
- The ability to apply digital (and analogue) theory and work from diagrammatic Information.
- Excellent IT skills
- The ability to work well in teams
- Fault-finding skills and the capacity tosolve technical problems in a creative way
- Strong communication and people skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Time management skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- A proactive and results-focused approach to work
- Stamina and physical fitness.
- Pre-entry experience, such as work experience with a production company or in local television or radio, is important.
Job Title: Head of Station
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full Time
- Oversee and coordinate continuous daily operations of the Radio station, ensuring compliance with broadcast standards and relevant country laws and regulations.
- Maintain accurate schedules, records, descripancy reports and follow through communications and ensure that all on air broadcast programming complies with Company rules and regulations.
- Participate in the establishment, organisation and implementation of short and long range goals, objectives and policies and operating procedures, monitor and evaluate program effectiveness and effect changes required for improvement.
- Direct and administer the provisions of day to day operation support to the various sub- units of the station, including utilization of station supplies and inventory, station safety and security.
- Plan, design, establish and maintain organisational structures and systems that enable staff members to effectively accomplish company mission, goals and abjectives.
- Assign, allocate work and generally oversee all staffing levels in continuous station operations, perform recruitment, training, scheduling, retention, problem resolution and performance management.
- Develop and implement systems to maintain records on station operations, volunteers, equipment and compliance activities, prepare regular and ad-hoc reports.
- Provide advice and assitance to senior station management in the planning, implementation and evaluation of modification to existing operations, systems and procedures.
- Research and make recommendations to management, pertaining to acquisition of operating equipment, participate in the developmentand management of annual operating budgets.
- May provide services as an on-air-host as required
- Performs miscallenaous job related duties as assigned.
Job Title: On Air Personality
Location: Ibadan, Oyo.
Employment Type: Full-time
- The on-airpersonality (OAP) is responsible to the programme director.
- To introduce the music,news and public announcement aired on the radio station.
- In addition to introducing the records,OAP presents facts to the listener about the recording artist,their music, tour etc.
- Prepare and deliver news,sports,and / or weather reports, gathering and rewriting material, so that it will convey required information and fit specific time slots.
- Must adhere to the playlist approved by the programme director.
- Expected to log or initiate each commercial, public announcement (PSAs), news and weather report,etc.
- This information is to the traffic for the log of daily station activities required by NBC.
- Adhere strictly to NBC’s rules relating to delivery of hypes, talk, etc.
- Possess a strong work ethic, be well-read, punctual, and be a team player with a cooperative attitude
- Must be engaging & provide compelling content on the air
- Assist with the voice over and production of paid, and non-paid, spots required to run on the station.
- Maintain a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients
- Host civic, charitable, or promotional events that are broadcast over television or radio
- Make promotional appearances at public or private events in order to represent their employers
- Record commercials for future broadcast
- A degree in Mass Communication
- On-air radio experience required, excellent verbal and communication skills, outstanding ability to relate and communicate with target audience, positive attitude both on and off the air.
- Have excellent presentation and performance skills.
- Be able to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences.
- Understand how to use the voice effectively for radio.b
- Be able to learn how to use a variety of recording equipment and to operate different radio studios.
- Be able to present while operating studio controls and co-ordinating a range of simultaneous technical activities.
- Be able to communicate knowledgeably and engagingly with audiences.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to draw information from people.
- Be able to work calmly effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines.
- Have knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations around radio production.
- Understand when it is necessary, and how to acquire, the relevant clearances and licences, including copyright and music clearances.
- Have knowledge of the radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV to: [email protected] and use the job title as heading.
Application Deadline 20th April, 2021.