Tomato Jos is a private equity-backed, fast-growing social enterprise located in Kaduna, Nigeria, that believes in the power of local production for local consumption. Our company aims to supply 10% of the processed tomato market in Nigeria within the next 5 years, sourcing tomatoes from smallholder farmers within our network and making high-quality branded consumer products for Nigeria and West Africa. We currently work with farmers in the Kaduna area, and we are building a tomato processing facility that was commissioned in 2021, enabling us to make value-add tomato products, including tomato paste and tomato mix
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure that production is done with strict adherence to raw material
- Recipes and raw material yield as directed by the Production / Quality Assurance recipe and SOPs.
- Conduct laboratory tests at every needed production stage to meet
- Conduct analysis of laboratory results to recommend best practices for quality products.
- Continually carrying out research and development to enhance product quality, and to develop new related products minimum
- Quality standard as demanded by regulatory authorities.
- Escalate any deviation of the actual from the standard for immediate Control measure.
Qualifications and Experience Required for the Job
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Food Science and Technology, Science Laboratory Technology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, and any other related courses.
- Vast knowledge in HSE, GMP, QMS, Hygiene, Food safety, etc
- Microsoft suits, internet shuffling, Google sheet, and general computer appreciation.
- 3 -5 years of relevant working experience in quality assurance / control in FMCG – Savory (special attention on Tomato base Production) industry.
Additional Qualifications and Experience That Will Set You Apart:
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Research and Development skills.
- A critical thinker and a solution provider.
- Ability to run a shift without supervision
- Ability to train lower-skilled employees and to provide leadership to a small crew in assigning tasks and ensuring work quality
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated by the ability to develop and maintain relationships with other team members
- The ability to speak Hausa fluently is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Stamina to work round the clock during the peak of the project.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email
Application Deadline 25th April, 2022.