The Multichoice group is a multinational media group headquartered in South Africa and Dubai with principal operations in pay television and video entertainment. The group operates in almost 50 countries in Africa and is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. An African platform operator, MCG’s expertise lies distributing media products, creating media content and selling advertising. Its key areas of operations are: Pay Television: direct-to-home satellite and digital terrestrial television services; and SVOD: subscription video on demand services across multiple online platforms with a focus on library and local content in developing markets
Operating in the majority of African countries, MCG is the leading Pay TV provider in most of the key African markets. Its strategy is to offer the best local and international content across multiple platforms to customers wherever they are. The group’s strength lies in its focus on local language and culture, its entrepreneurial spirit and the quality of its workforce. The group generates revenues mainly by collecting subscription fees, with a moderate contribution from advertising revenue. Its key objectives are to: Build its Pay TV and SVOD subscriber base, Focus on investment and technology, Maintain a local approach, Provide quality service, Attract innovative and motivated employees.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Relations Manager – Showmax Nigeria
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Reports to: Senior Marketing Manager – Showmax Nigeria
Direct Reports: Yes
Purpose of the Position
- Develop and implement PR strategy to effectively reach customers, communicate the value proposition of the product and influence purchase of product.
Strategy and Execution:
- Develop and deliver a Public Relations strategy in Nigeria, aligning external and internal messages, in support of the objectives supplied by the central Showmax PR, Comms and Marketing teams.
- Develop and implement a PR and Communications PR strategy for Nigeria, Ghana[SV1] and other countries as needed.
- Implement a Media Relations strategy.
- Implementing the full spectrum of Public Relations tactics including pitching to news media, coordinating news conferences, arranging editorial boards, coordinating special events, preparing collateral materials, and managing internal communications across multiple businesses and partners.
- Conduct high-level media briefings.
- Manage crisis comms. Need to be clear upfront if this is a Nigeria, Ghana, West Africa role [SV1].
- Coordinate all public relations activities.
- Manage media relations, pursue positive publicity, and coordinate targeted advertising in appropriate media.
- Proactive identification of potential issues and crises related to the Showmax brand in Nigeria.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Manage Showmax Nigeria social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media.
- Build awareness of Showmax content and product features.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Develop strong relationships with the central Showmax PR, Comms and Marketing teams, MultiChoice Nigeria teams, as well as MultiChoice Group corporate communications teams.
- Develop a strong collaborative working relationship with appointed PR and Social Media agencies supporting the PR function for Showmax Nigeria.
- Respond timely to requests, work collaboratively to solve business problems, and communicate regularly with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with content providers to collaborate on media relations that will grow the image and enhance the value of the brand.
- Develop, maintain and grow extensive contacts base relevant to the broadcast media industry spanning print, broadcast and digital, in trade and consumer media.
- Support the company’s ongoing activities by working closely with appointed agencies in the creation of press releases, media alerts, creating media target lists, building product messaging, supervising media outreach and product review program.
- Manage annual PR budget and forecast exercises.
- Manage costs for paid partnerships, influencer engagements and PR events.
- Be an advocate for Showmax.
- Provide insight and expertise externally to drive the brand and increase subscribers in Nigeria and adjacent markets like Ghana, and more.
- Responsible for team strength & performance level (attraction, selection, retention & development of the local Showmax PR team).
- Departmental goals understood and actively pursued by team; work accountability clearly delegated.
- Performance reviews are done regularly, everyone has a clear picture of current performance, recognition given where it is due and low performers are acted upon.
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Ensure alignment with team strengths, performance and energy matched strategic requirements – under-performers identified, improved or removed.
- Ensure direct reports live the company’s ethics and behaviours;
- Marketing, Commercial Sales, Customer Care, Customer Operations, Digital Enablement, Customer Value Management, Customer Experience & PMO, Strategy, CII, Legal, Regulatory, Finance, HR; General Entertainment, Media Sales, Corporate Affairs.
- Research Agencies; Advertising Agencies, Media Agencies, Digital Platforms, 3rd Party Channels, Events Organisations.
- A minimum of 8 years of PR experience.
- 5 years of management experience.
- Detailed commercial and financial acumen, balanced with creative flair
- Customer Centricity
- Developing value propositions
- Brand Management
- PR Management
- Regulatory and Legal Compliance
- Media Management
- Vendor Management
- Reporting and Research
- Project Management
- Financial Management/Budgeting
- Team Work
- Analytical Thinking
- Interpersonal Support
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply