The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, CASADE
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 60 Months
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Classification: Grade 4
Travel Work required: Up to 30%
- The (Catalyzing Strengthened Policy Action for Healthy CASCADEs and Resilience) CASCADE programme goal is to improve food security and contribute to the reduction of malnutrition of at least 5 million women of reproductive age and children under 5 in Nigeria.
- The programme has two strategic objectives: it aims to increase access to and consumption of healthy CASCADEs, as well as increasing the resilience of households to economic and climate change-related shocks with a focus on women of reproductive age and children.
- The programme will galvanise government, business, and communities around 5 domains: Policy changes and accountability; Re-engineering markets and mobilising the private sector; Transforming cultural norms and practices;
- Taking a gender transformative approach; Systematising data and learning for policy. GAIN is seeking Project Manager in the Nigeria Country Office for this exciting opportunity.
- The Project Manager will support the implementation of specific project activities including capacity building, partnerships management and reporting. In addition, this position will report directly to the Senior Project Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to support the design, development, and successful implementation of the CASCADE project.
- They will ensure that the project is on-time, onbudget, well-coordinated and of the highest technical quality.
- Project implementation and coordination in a multi-cultural environment in the private, nutrition and food system, government, or international development organizations.
- Leading the implementation of project partnership workplans by tracking processes and timely closure of all gaps identified and prioritized
Project Communication, Report Writing and Documentation:
- Developing of a learning agenda for the project.
- Production of monthly donor report.
- Providing weekly updates for GAIN Monday Meeting, leading Bi-weekly check-in calls with donor and the technical advisory group.
- Development of project brief and presentation deck for external and internal communications
Development and Management of Project Management tools:
- Tracking and oversight of project activity plan and activity costing
- Liaising with the PMI Associate to populate the PRISM platform as required
- Developing other project tools as required
- Project Budget and Financial management
Stakeholder Management and Coordination:
- Engaging key relationships with the government and partners.
- Liaising with project consultants (work plans, deliverables, contracts etc.)
- Liaising with key stakeholders, civil society, the private sector, research institutes and donors.
- Coordinating communications between government institutions, non-governmental organizations, UN agencies, and private industry, including organizing periodic CASCADE partner’s meetings and using these to shape conversations on partner support for the fortification system.
- Working closely with the Senior Project Manager, CASCADE ensuring that all project activities are completed in line with the agreed workplan, preparing and ensuring timely submission of implementation, progress, and financial reports.
- Representing GAIN at meetings/workshops pertaining to CASCADE as directed by the Senior Project Manager.
- Perform other tasks within the technical area of the project, as required
- Coordination and planning of national and regional events
Key Organizational Relationships
- The Project Manager will work closely with and report to the Senior Project Manager, CASCADE.
- Works closely with the GAIN Nigeria country team and other internal GAIN stakeholders.
- Masters’ Degree in Social Sciences, International Development, Business Management, Public Health, Nutrition, International Relations or related fields.
- Work experience in developing and managing projects and programmes in international development
- Strong technical knowledge of public health and nutrition, including micronutrient deficiency control.
- Experience providing assistance in advancing gender equality and female empowerment by ensuring full integration of gender issues in programme activities performance monitoring, evaluation, learning, and other activities supported by the project.
- Excellent relationship management and familiarity with managing a wide platform of stakeholders
- Experience in communications and advocacy with the private sector
- Experience in providing on-the-job and formal training to various partners as well as management of workshops and other public events
- Proven experience working in an environment requiring collaboration and liaising with government stakeholders, relevant industries, and international organizations.
- High level report writing and presentation skills including experience of presenting to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience in a project coordination or support role in a multi-cultural environment in the private, nutrition and food system, government, or international development organizations.
- Experience in partnership brokerage and/or negotiations with the private sector
- Experience supporting SMEs
- Excellent communication and command of English (written and spoken)
- Flexible, willingness to travel in challenging environments.
- Ability/fluency in one or more of the major Nigerian languages an asset.
- Strong coordination / liaison, organizational and communication skills.
- Skills in quantitative research methods (implementation, management)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural, cross functional team with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent administrative management skills.
- Computer literacy with excellent Excel, MS word, Outlook, and Power Point skills.
- Excellent project management and strategic thinking abilities
- Excellent and professional communication skills (oral and written).
- Team player, flexible and goal-oriented, a real “can do” attitude.
What GAIN Offers
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly working environment
- Professional development opportunities
NGN 8,923,728 – NGN 10,183,104 per annum, depending on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th August, 2022.