PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Director
Tracking Code: 10452
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- This position may be based in: Abuja, Nigeria; Geneva, Switzerland; Hanoi, Vietnam; Kampala, Uganda; San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA or Washington D.C., United States.
- PATH is currently seeking a qualified Project Director for a CDC-funded program, “HQ Supported Development, Implementation, Use and Evaluation of Interoperable Health Information Systems to Achieve HIV/AIDS and TB Epidemic Control through Improved Health Informatics Policy, Governance, Workforce Capacity, and Systems under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to employ health informatics to control the HIV/AIDS epidemic by accelerating testing and treatment strategies, expanding prevention, improving data quality, strengthening country ownership, and leveraging public and private partnerships. This work will include ongoing support for systems governance, interoperability, and workforce capacity, with the aim of supporting countries to optimize supply chain logistics, link disparate health information systems, and sustain PEPFAR’s investments in health information systems.
- PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. International development and global health represent one of the greatest opportunities for the impact of digital technologies on a global scale. New technologies, approaches and tools are emerging daily, unfortunately into a fragmented and immature digital health market landscape that currently limits their promise to transform country health systems and accelerate and amplify progress towards national and global health goals.
- The Project Director will be responsible for project leadership and implementation. The Project Director will represent PATH and provide leadership to project partners, inter-agency agreement partners, and among CDC-funded projects.
- The Project Director will also lead collaboration and network development activities with national, regional, and global partners. He/she will ensure that the project achieves results – including project deliverables and targets – in an effective and compliant manner.
- Provide management leadership (programmatic, financial, and administrative) for the project, ensuring full alignment with national and international standards and CDC requirements and standards.
- Provide overall leadership and ensure quality implementation of the project, ensuring the achievement of all project deliverables and targets in a timely manner.
- Represent PATH and build and maintain productive relationships with CDC, project partners, and national government counterparts.
- Demonstrate good understanding of relevant country health systems.
- Provide vision, overall leadership, and guidance to the project staff.
- Supervise and oversee the work of project staff, partners, and subcontractors.
- Exercise sound financial management skills, including effective project spending.
- Uphold the standards of PATH to lead a high performing team, and ensure strict compliance to CDC and PATH policies, regulations, and internal controls.
- Guide the learning agenda for the project, use lessons learned to modify project approaches and strategies, and disseminate findings.
- Review technical materials to ensure high-quality products.
- Demonstrate experience working in diverse low-resource settings with multi-dimensional teams and stakeholders.
- Bring technology, analytic, and process innovations to all activities.
- Provide credible, articulate, and demonstrated expertise in the following:
- Introduction and scaling of digital technology in low- and middle-income countries
- Application of digital technology to strengthen health systems and services
- HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis epidemiology, treatment, and control
- Identify obstacles and risks related to implementation in a timely manner and implement strategies to overcome them.
- Lead collaboration and network development activities with national, regional, and global partners.
- Lead development of project strategy at regional, country, or sub-country levels as necessary.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in leading health information systems, digital health, or eHealth implementation in developing countries.
- Master’s degree or higher in relevant field of study (Public Health, Information Sciences, Data Science, Nutrition, or related areas).
- Demonstrated experience managing programs that flexibly respond to unanticipated crises or developments.
- Demonstrated data management experience, preferably including forecasting experience.
- Demonstrated success managing complex CDC-funded projects required. Experience with CDC-funded contracts strongly preferred.
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with other projects, local organizations, host country governments, and international agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English required.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience in operational, project management, and administrative duties for U.S. Government–funded projects or other internationally funded programs.
- Demonstrated technical depth and understanding of electronic health information systems in low- and middle-income countries.
- Demonstrated scientific expertise in HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply