GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant – ECGIP
Job ID: R3637525
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Category: Project Management
Level: Co-op / Intern
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- We are looking for an experienced, proactive project assistant to work collaboratively with our team on a short project under the One Year Early Career Graduate Internship Program (ECGIP).
- In this role, you will oversee tasks delegated to you by the project manager, coordinate with all necessary vendors and service providers, and ensure that the project is moving forward on time and on budget.
- You will need to be highly organized, adaptable, and able to prioritize tasks while working independently. The ability to motivate others and keep them on task in a positive and encouraging manner is also a must-have skill in this position.
- Work collaboratively with the project manager and Site team to maximize productivity
- Collaborate with the whole project team, contributing to the entire project lifecycle
- Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met
- Monitor budget and help ensure resources are used efficiently
- Help discern requirements and assign tasks to team members
- Complete any necessary administrative tasks
- Demonstrate commitment to clients’ needs and confidentiality continuously.
- Coordinate efforts within the team and with outside consultants efficiently
- Report updates verbally and in written form to management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in project execution and management in Power Generation/ Oil & Gas industry
- Demonstrated active risk management ability and ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Robust Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills with which to facilitate project tracking and communicate project status and issues
- Fluent in English.
- Gas turbine / power plant technical proficiency
- Demonstrated contract set-up, negotiation and stakeholder management experience
- Growth mindset and ability to act on constructive criticism
- Project execution and management of Aero Gas Turbine projects
- MBA or master’s in leadership sciences
- PMP certification
- Ability to succinctly communicate to senior leadership key project issues with appropriate visual aids
- Ability to create genuine team dynamics and shared ownership of project goals
- Ability to project self as true leader of the project and ultimate collaborative decision maker
- Strong sense of urgency & drive for results
- Natural instinct to be a change agent and contribute to wider business Operational improvement / evolution initiatives.
- Genuine commitment to EHS culture
- Ability to manage customer, partner and external relations under pressure while remaining mindful of business / project goals
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders and functions laterally and upwards to achieve common project goals
Relocation Assistance Provided:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply