Afriland Properties Plc is a property management, investment and development company, offering end-to-end services along the real estate value chain, from management to joint-venture investments. With a portfolio size of over N15 billion and one of the largest land banks in Nigeria, Afriland is pioneering the opportunities presented by an institutional approach to real estate, serving niche markets throughout Africa.
We bring innovation to the real estate sector in Nigeria and other African countries by drawing on experience, new competencies, and technology to achieve continuous improvement in service delivery to our clientele. We are an investee company of the Heirs Holdings Group, a family of African companies whose name is inspired by the desire to leave a legacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Architect / Project Manager
Location: Lagos (will be required to travel)
Department: Project Design
Reports to: Head, Projects Design
Employment type: Full Time
- Reports to the Head, Projects Design, the Architect would be responsible for the overall coordination, design, preparation, and delivery of architectural drawings and project management
Duties / Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of architectural drawings for all projects
- Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and via specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications.
- Assess and advise on property procurement
- Plan, design and supervise implementation for Branch upgrades
- Plan, design and supervise implementation for New Branch roll out
- Plan, design and supervise implementation for special projects
- Carry out design reviews and amendments where necessary
- Attend to Facility Management and specific maintenance job requests and supervise the implementation
- Monitoring of defects liability periods for projects executed
- Maintain timeliness and accuracy of all mandatory reports and projects update
- Efficient management and oversight of assigned facilities.
- Ensure delivery of projects to specifications, within budget and within timelines/construction duration
- Ensure that contractors are paid as at when due to avoid delays on the project.
- Work with other departments if required to ensure deliverables are met.
- Review the preliminary/prototype design to accommodate end-users input
- Responsible for thorough scoping and assessment of projects
- Ensure all architectural projects are completed with the desired quality, on time, and within budget
- Ensure that vendors are held liable to correct any defective work at no additional cost to the firm.
- Design and oversee the construction of buildings or upgrade to existing buildings
- Work closely with other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors, and estate valuers to achieve client requirements
- Ensuring that reported maintenance works are properly assessed and scoped
- Site visitations and submission of reports promptly.
- Follow up with all stakeholders to ensure that the contractors report to site at the agreed date and that work is well supervised so that total quality is delivered.
- Monitor the implementation of projects in line with agreed TAT, Quality, and Cost
- Visit construction sites as required
Skilss / Attributes:
- Project management
- Stakeholders’ management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Strong communication skills
- Graduate degree in architecture (minimum of Second class lower)
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in a similar role/business environment
- Effective use of AutoCAD and Revit and 3D rendering
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Good process flow analysis skills
- Practical skills on construction quality and safety – A minimum of 5 years experience in construction and contractor management
- Project & Facility management tools
- Member of Nigerian Institute of Architect and Architects Registration Council of Nigeria will be an added advantage.
- Ability to do Interior 3D designs and rendering with evidence of previous works in this regard
- Ability to use other graphic software such as photoshop to enhance 3Ds and architectural designs
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite Package – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and MS Visio
- Proficiency in the use of MS Project
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 3rd June, 2021.