The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) – NOA
Requisition ID: 161987
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs) and job holders report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer.
- Job holders are likely to be working under the close support and guidance of a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
- They are typically involved in programme or policy activities or similar nature and analytical work of limited complexity.
- Facilitate the work of senior staff to effectively position WFP with public, private and external partners to attract policy support, resources, technical assistance and innovative solutions to advance the work of WFP, while supporting member states in the achievement of the SDGs and Zero Hunger and emphasizing WFP’s contributions in this regard.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Implement the work plan for an assigned area to enable WFP to identify, develop and strengthen quality partnerships in support of WFP strategic objectives.
- Proactively contribute to a partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling and outreach activities, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work; Support partner visibility and ensure partner conditions are met.
- In the context of the UN system and multilateral fora, support the development of partnerships and joint events with member states, civil society and intergovernmental organizations to advocate for the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the global agenda and advance WFP priorities and objectives.
- Contribute to partnerships strategies, including the development of Partnership Action Plans; Draw up quality partner proposals and reports by engaging with other WFP entities and external stakeholders.
- Support senior managers in the preparation of strategic agreements, joint strategies and MOUs in order to promote the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the national, regional and global agenda and to reach advantageous outcomes for WFP.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance, and monitor defined risks.
- Use data to present managers with well-researched ideas to expand support from existing partners and to scope new partners, guided by programmatic assessment and context-specific analysis with the aim to enhance the impact of WFP’s work and diversify the resource base.
- Solicit inputs, including operational updates, from other WFP entities to inform partner audiences on WFP’s programmatic offering; Draft quality briefs and proactively highlight strategic issues to senior staff to inform best course of action and nurture partnership growth.
- Gather and present internal and external data/information, using key information systems (e.g. Salesforce, WINGS, WFPGo), to support WFP’s effective positioning vis-à-vis national governments, regional and international institutions with the aim to influence the policy agenda.
- Other as required.
Desired Experiences For Entry into the Role
- Has a basic understanding of government strategies.
- Has developed effective relationships with partners and explored new areas to scale-up existing activities and researched new opportunities.
- Has provided advanced technical support and identified opportunities for service delivery excellence to strengthen partnerships.
- Has motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive and sound working environment.
- Minimum one or more years of relevant professional work experience in partnership roles.
- Has developed powerful narratives by using data analysis visualization to enable action-oriented discussions with partners.
- Has prepared briefs to raise resources for operations and collaborated for timely registration, maintenance and update of contributions and forecasts.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Advanced University Degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in the subject area.
- Language: Fluency in written and spoken English language.
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th May, 2022 by 11:59pm (GMT+1).